• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

92.3 pandering to the Ancient demo

92.3 sounds like an SNL skit this week with all the imaging about - Voice of God gravitas - "Arizona's Immigration Crisis." The entire world's news media is talking about Notre Dame and Bonneville decided to go with border agents and Dora The Explorer. Would it be too much to ask for a decent news/talk in this town that isn't 91.5?

92.3 sounds like an SNL skit this week with all the imaging about - Voice of God gravitas - "Arizona's Immigration Crisis." The entire world's news media is talking about Notre Dame and Bonneville decided to go with border agents and Dora The Explorer. Would it be too much to ask for a decent news/talk in this town that isn't 91.5?
It certainly is nice to have media that put local news first. I am to pleased to have that choice. You also have a choice, not to tune to 92.3 fm.

And then there a few of us who don't give a whit about Notre Dame - university or cathedral.

And then there a few of us who don't give a whit about Notre Dame - university or cathedral.

And while I am interested in the news story, it is basically in the "fires and car crash" category. It caught fire, it burnt, some of it was saved and they will rebuild. There is really not too much more that can be said other than updates on what was recovered if there are changes.

It's not a story that demands wall to wall coverage now. Updates, yes.

The border issue is an ongoing story. The Notre Dame story pretty much ended yesterday. I'd like updates, but not 48 hours of reruns of the tower burning and falling.

And, yes, I have been there. It's a sad occurrence. But the coverage is very repetitive.

Last edited:
Meaning no disrespect, the Border issue is a hotter story. They embedded a reporter and are using his reports on 92~Three, plus video on their website: http://ktar.com/story/2527278/arizonas-immigration-crisis-how-border-towns-are-impacted/ There's a reason #45 comes out here so often...and KTAR knows why!

Yes, but what's remotely "new" about a week-long rehash of 550's playbook? It borders (no pun intended) on comical. Call me cynical, but I do think it's a none-too-subtle grab for some of the Ancient demo. Reheated border talk seems a little "off" outside soccer mom talk and beans-and-rice talk. This has nothing to do with Notre Dame per se and everything to do with 92.3 further squandering its legacy.

What's the problem with 91.5? To me, there's no better way to hear about the fire than by listening to the BBC.

Commercial news/talk radio has one story, and it's starts with T and ends with P.

What's the problem with 91.5? To me, there's no better way to hear about the fire than by listening to the BBC.

Commercial news/talk radio has one story, and it's starts with T and ends with P.

I like 91.5, and that's precisely my point. The more 92.3 gets more and more unlistenable that I can't even sit through it for one of Detour Dan's updates, the more I appreciate 91.5. There USED to be a significant difference between 620 (now 92.3) and 550, but the silliness I've heard on 92.3 the past few days is a pretty blatant grab for the 550 demo if there ever was one.

Would anyone care to summarize the 92.3 vs 550 (91.5?) differences for those of us who don't listen to either/all?

I would like to understand this story but have absolutely no interest in listing to talk/hate radio to gain it.

Speaking of ancient demos, yesterday I was channel surfing, and I heard an ID on 101.5 that proclaimed:
"The Morning Mess...the only Valley morning show that doesn't qualify for an AARP discount."

HARSH!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom