Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Houston Ratings

Latest Houston Ratings

KODA rules at 8.2, KIKK limps on the board at 0.1 ---> https://www.allaccess.com/nielsen/q/...n-galveston-tx

Alternate link here: https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb033

KKHH has a nice upward bounce after some middling numbers the past few books.

Also a rebound for 93Q; however they still trail The Bull.

El Norte 107.9 still pulling some decent numbers. Pretty good for an eastern rimshot.

Country Legends in the mid two's, also respectable for that signal. Must be a significant number of Country fans that are turned off by current trends in the genre.

Yes, interesting to see CBS Sportsradio 650 show up. None of the SportsTalkers made it out of the zeroes.

And speaking of zeroes, our favorite dumpster fire on KROI is still stuck there. When is that sale happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post

And speaking of zeroes, our favorite dumpster fire on KROI is still stuck there. When is that sale happening?
    Not soon,....

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrtejano View Post
    Not soon,....
    Why do you say that? Alfred Liggins has spoken publicly in the company investor calls about liquidating unproductive or non-core assets, so the stage is set and it looks like it is time for the fat lady to sing.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Moderator/Co-Administrator

Also a rebound for 93Q; however they still trail The Bull.
    And the Bull would have looked even better but they had a little dip in the first week of the book. By the end of the book, they were 4th in 18-49 and 3rd in 18-34. The rise of KILT has been excellent in just a couple of months under their new PD.

Country Legends in the mid two's, also respectable for that signal. Must be a significant number of Country fans that are turned off by current trends in the genre.
    The malcontents are apparently mostly over 50. In 18-49, they are a low 1-share station. Today's country with innovative artists like Kane Brown and FGL, is more and more a younger adult play and is in some respects today's pop music. I'm biased, as I am a big fan of today's country.

Yes, interesting to see CBS Sportsradio 650 show up. None of the SportsTalkers made it out of the zeroes.
    Remember, it just takes one credited listening incident by one meter to get a 0.1 for a subscriber.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

The malcontents are apparently mostly over 50. In 18-49, they are a low 1-share station. Today's country with innovative artists like Kane Brown and FGL, is more and more a younger adult play and is in some respects today's pop music. I'm biased, as I am a big fan of today's country.
    Country Legends right now has a lot of variety on their playlist. On one end, you've got George Jones and story songs by Tom T. Hall; on the other end, you've got Joe Diffie and Reba who lit up the Hot Country charts in the 90s. Not only are the transitions jarring, but you can safely assume Tom T. Hall is not helping the demos. It would seem like KTHT could go all-90s country, skew a good deal younger, and still only overlap at most a song an hour with KKBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post
    Today's country with INNOVATIVE artists like Kane Brown and FGL,
    That's an interesting way of describing trash, I guess

But seriously, this new wave of faux country has evolved so much that it should have it's own genre name (or at least a subgenre). Maybe Country Pop? Rural CHR? Backwoods Rap? The sound has changed so much that anyone waking up from a 15 year coma today would think they are listening to an urban station.

My favorite country artist is Taylor Swift.

Thanks Frog, I forgot that AllAccess requires Log-in and password.

El Norte 107.9 still pulling some decent numbers. Pretty good for an eastern rimshot.

?
    Pretty good? I say awesome or KLOL is doing horrible? Both KQQK and KLOL are at 3.3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast