Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notre Dame Cathedral on Fire

A post on another site I go to:

Somewhere, Quasimodo is crying.

It's only a building.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by landtuna View Post
    It's only a building.
    But it's one of the world's most beautiful buildings.

And Rush Limbaugh found a way to make this topic controversial. It seems CNN is criticizing the people who donate to Notre Dame's rebuilding rather than the black churches in Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by vchimpanzee View Post
    But it's one of the world's most beautiful buildings.
    Ever seen it up close? I have. It is definitely NOT "beautiful" unless your idea of beauty is gargoyles and overly ornate structures.

And Rush Limbaugh found a way to make this topic controversial. It seems CNN is criticizing the people who donate to Notre Dame's rebuilding rather than the black churches in Louisiana.
    Possibly the only time Rush and I will ever see eye to eye on anything. I was thinking that there are a lot of homeless and hungry people in the world that could profit immensely from the reported $1B destined for rebuilding Notre Dame. Of course, it does bring tons of tourist money into France so follow the money and you get your answer. Perhaps the French should outsource the rebuild to Disney. He's famous for building fantasy lands.

Ever seen it up close? I have. It is definitely NOT "beautiful" unless your idea of beauty is gargoyles and overly ornate structures.
    The gargoyles I will agree with you about.
    Possibly the only time Rush and I will ever see eye to eye on anything. I was thinking that there are a lot of homeless and hungry people in the world that could profit immensely from the reported $1B destined for rebuilding Notre Dame. Of course, it does bring tons of tourist money into France so follow the money and you get your answer. Perhaps the French should outsource the rebuild to Disney. He's famous for building fantasy lands.
    I'm pretty sure Rush was criticizing CNN. There are those who say huge buildings are not as good a way to use the money as helping the needy.

Those churches in LA do not attract tourist money. Notre Dame does.

Those churches in LA are not representative of an entire nation. Notre Dame is.

Those are the differences.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    It's only a building.
    To a person from France, it is not a building... it is the soul of the nation just as the Eiffel Tower is its heart.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

It was a tinderbox waiting for a spark.
    From the short wave:
    Security footage exists of a man on scaffolding with an incendiary device.
    850 churches in France were targeted in 2018 alone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast