• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WBZ in HD?

I had use of a car with HD radio this week....been ionteresting checking out the HD-2/3's on FM.

However, I couldn't find a signal lock for HD on WBZ 1030AM.

Are they still using HD on WBZ-AM?

Anyone know if there are internal iHeart policies that have resulted in the HD signal being gone from BZ?

There doesn't appear to be any consistent use of IBOC at iHeart that would imply any kind of policy.

Seems to me there was a post in that thread that identified a number of stations that aren't using it.

That was February....anyone hear them in HD since?

Anyone know if there are internal iHeart policies that have resulted in the HD signal being gone from BZ?

I don't have any "inside" info but I'd guess it's gone for good. Haven't heard any HD on 1030 for a few months. It may not be "policy", but former WBZ owner CBS was known to have been more proactive about HD than iHeart/Clear Channel.

There are no more AM HD stations left in the greater Boston area. At times we had 800 WNNW (Lawrence), 1030 WBZ, 1090 WILD (very briefly), 1260 WMKI (now WBIX), and 1430 WKOX, all shut off. The most likely chance to hear AM HD up here is NYC stations 880 WCBS, 1010 WINS, and Philly's 1210 WPHT on certain nights.

The only area FM station that (briefly) had HD and shut it off is 92.5 WXRV "The River". I don't know if it was a financial decision, but I don't know if HD would have worked well with their on-channel boosters. All other area FM stations that had HD still have it on, some have dropped some subchannels, but at least kept their HD1.

740 WJIB remains the lone C-Quam analog AM stereo station still left in the area.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom