Thread: Questions about K-Love

Questions about K-Love

With the takeover of several Cumulus stations near, I have a couple of questions about how EMF operates. I assume they will fill out the “non-profit” forms with the FCC. I really don’t know much about how a “modern” non profit operations so:

Will they be required to have a “studio” for FCC visits or will a rack of equipment with the EAS unit in the transmitter building be sufficient?

If they have to have studio(s) will it be in the Cumulus locations?

Do they have to do the “local issues” programming (usually early Sunday mornings)?

Do they have to have public files?

Do they use Satellite of some kind of tunneling protocol over the internet to deliver their programming to their stations?

Quote Originally Posted by secondchoice View Post
    With the takeover of several Cumulus stations near, I have a couple of questions about how EMF operates. I assume they will fill out the “non-profit” forms with the FCC. I really don’t know much about how a “modern” non profit operations so:

Will they be required to have a “studio” for FCC visits or will a rack of equipment with the EAS unit in the transmitter building be sufficient?

If they have to have studio(s) will it be in the Cumulus locations?

Do they have to do the “local issues” programming (usually early Sunday mornings)?

Do they have to have public files?

Do they use Satellite of some kind of tunneling protocol over the internet to deliver their programming to their stations?

No local studio, they will file a main studio waiver and it'll be a satellite of KLVR Santa Rosa CA.

They do sometimes have public affairs programming. ive heard its recorded on a regional basis and aired on multiple EMF stations sometimes.

Public files an be placed online now. CSN, The Christian Satelittle Network of Twin Falls Idaho has public files for all their stations at their main studio in Twin Falls Idaho but theyre also online

EMF uses satelltie receivers to deliver programming to their stations, its how they've done it for more then 20 years. The individually addressable sat boxes can be sent audio just for one station from the HQ outside Sacramento.

I do know of ONE station EMF is LEASING getting it's audio over the internet because they can't get a satellite signal there

I drove to Orlando a couple of weeks ago and as was par for the course, I fooled around with the radio. I heard 2 K-Love stations.

I do believe Mr. Some is correct, and they operate everything out of 1 studio. Somehow I had thought K-Love was just automated music, but they have personalities.

They probably will take something away from The Fish; not sure how much. The Fish is local, established and has well-known personalities. K-Love will have a better signal and no commercials.

Shouldn't even need a main studio waiver since that rule was done away with. I have heard local/regional underwriting announcements. Also heard a split for just the Tennessee K-Love stations for fundraising. I believe the morning show originates from the Indianapolis studio but the rest of the day originates in Rocklin. Air talent you hear may be voice tracking from anywhere, however.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeRadioGuy View Post
    No local studio, they will file a main studio waiver and it'll be a satellite of KLVR Santa Rosa CA.

They do sometimes have public affairs programming. ive heard its recorded on a regional basis and aired on multiple EMF stations sometimes.

Public files an be placed online now. CSN, The Christian Satelittle Network of Twin Falls Idaho has public files for all their stations at their main studio in Twin Falls Idaho but theyre also online

EMF uses satelltie receivers to deliver programming to their stations, its how they've done it for more then 20 years. The individually addressable sat boxes can be sent audio just for one station from the HQ outside Sacramento.

I do know of ONE station EMF is LEASING getting it's audio over the internet because they can't get a satellite signal there

Quote Originally Posted by RoddyFreeman View Post
    K-Love will have a better signal and no commercials.
    If nothing else, it will give Fish listeners an option when the stopset begins.

Quote Originally Posted by gr8oldies View Post
    Shouldn't even need a main studio waiver since that rule was done away with. I have heard local/regional underwriting announcements. Also heard a split for just the Tennessee K-Love stations for fundraising. I believe the morning show originates from the Indianapolis studio but the rest of the day originates in Rocklin. Air talent you hear may be voice tracking from anywhere, however.

I forgot about the lack of needing to get a studio waiver since they did away with that rule.

Klove is not vocietracked, its live.. theres someone in the studio all the time i think

They do split for local announcements and such but thats all done in indy or rocklin, ca

Singer Marc Martel headlined the K-Love 2018 Christmas tour. He is better known as Freddie Mercury's voice - one of two - in Bohemian Rhapsody and is touring now with "The Ultimate Queen." They play Atlanta June 29th. I'd like to see The Fish top that.