Thread: Paul Ossmann given the ax again

Paul Ossmann given the ax again

CBS46 has cut ties with chief meteorologist Paul Ossmann after 5 years with the station. Not sure the story but with all the silliness 11 does for news I thought 46 could be number 3 but they are determined to be number 4 in this city.

They've always been a distant 4th. I knew it was a mistake when Ossmann signed up with 46. They survive by paying low and maintaining a high turnover.

I have not watched 46, since it abandoned its Briarcliff location. When was that, 30 years ago...??

Quote Originally Posted by HippieGuy View Post
    I have not watched 46, since it abandoned its Briarcliff location. When was that, 30 years ago...??
    CBS46 moved from Clifton & Briarcliff to 14th & Mecaslin back in 2000. So 19 years ago this summer and also the anniversary of their callsign change from WGNX to WGCL.
    Wesley Millsap

Quote Originally Posted by AMFMRadFan View Post
    CBS46 moved from Clifton & Briarcliff to 14th & Mecaslin back in 2000. So 19 years ago this summer and also the anniversary of their callsign change from WGNX to WGCL.
    CORRECTION: 2000 was the year of the callsign change from WGNX to WGCL. The move from Clifton/Briarcliff to 14th/Mecaslin took place the next year in 2001.
    Wesley Millsap