Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sara Gilbert Announces She Is Leaving ‘The Talk’ At Season’s End

Sara Gilbert Announces She Is Leaving ‘The Talk’ At Season’s End

https://deadline.com/2019/04/sarah-g...nd-1202592040/

UPDATED with video: CBS’ The Talk creator/EP Sara Gilbert announced at the top of Tuesday’s broadcast that she is leaving the daily show at the end of the season.

“This is something I have been struggling with for a while, and going back and forth, but I’ve decided it’s time for me to leave the show,” Gilbert began.

News comes little more than two weeks after ABC announced it has ordered a second season of Roseanne spinoff The Conners, after series’ producer Werner Entertainment secured new deals with the core cast of Roseanne veterans, including Gilbert. ABC did not reveal number of episodes ordered, but it’s expected to be 13-episode-ish.

“I obviously love it here, and this was extremely difficult,” Gilbert continued emotionally on Tuesday’s The Talk.
    Part of this is about Sara Gilbert commitments on "The Conners"

She was weeping on the clip where she was saying goodbye. But I assume as a founder and runner of the show, she'll still get paid something, even if she's not on it. And if The Connors were to end, who's to say she couldn't return?

And yes, it's clear she wouldn't be leaving The Talk if she wasn't on a successful prime time series. She not only is the #3 star of The Connors, she also gets a credit as a producer there too.

That is a lot of work for someone who also has three children, two from her relationship with Allison Adler, the third from her current marriage to Linda Perry.

I can see her having a development deal with ABC as well. She wouldn't leave The Talk just for The Conners.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg. View Post
    I assume as a founder and runner of the show, she'll still get paid something, even if she's not on it.
    Absolutely. She will receive co-creator credit as long as the show is on the air. It's very possible she'll also continue to receive EP credit (depending on the wording of the contract)

Yes I agree it's likely she will get a development deal with ABC, and it may be to create a competitor to The Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Absolutely. She will receive co-creator credit as long as the show is on the air. It's very possible she'll also continue to receive EP credit (depending on the wording of the contract)

Yes I agree it's likely she will get a development deal with ABC, and it may be to create a competitor to The Talk.
    Hey, the View May need a new co-host someday.

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamJSimpson View Post
    Hey, the View May need a new co-host someday.
    Barbara Walters must be rolling around in her grave seeing what her show turned into.

Quote Originally Posted by Don CT View Post
    Barbara Walters must be rolling around in her grave seeing what her show turned into.
    Grave? She's not dead yet. Although she's not well either:

https://www.ibtimes.com/barbara-walt...es-her-2785004

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Grave? She's not dead yet. Although she's not well either:

https://www.ibtimes.com/barbara-walt...es-her-2785004
    Being facetious. I'd imagine she isn't happy with where her show went when she retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Don CT View Post
    Being facetious. I'd imagine she isn't happy with where her show went when she retired.
    Honestly, how is it appreciably worse than in her tenure?

Quote Originally Posted by AbrahamJSimpson View Post
    Honestly, how is it appreciably worse than in her tenure?
    Well it isn't any better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast