• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KOOL OLDIES RADIO 96.1 FM / 990 AM coverage area

Have the FM tuned in today in my back yard about 4PM .They are in the karaoke mode now.Thats like loosing the ground lead in your walkman headset or not pushing the headset plug all a the way in will give you the same effect...My cell is dead so I cant call the eng dept provided above. .

I heard this on a few songs today. - "Satisfaction" this morning and a couple songs late this afternoon during the Michael Maze show.

Once again, for a station you've said.. more then once.. you don't care much about or have much time for, you sure know alot about/have alot of info on, and send a fair amount of time on here talking about and etc

I listen because it's the "local" Oldies station. When I'm out walking I listen on my phone. I listen on 96.1 if my Mom has the radio on in the kitchen. The other time I listen on 96.1 is in the car and that's because my Mom doesn't want me messing with her car stereo to hook my phone up. When they were off the air Saturday Morning when I went for my walk I listened to Valley 98.9 (1110) WMVX a Classic Hits Station out of Salem, NH on my phone. At home I put BIG 105.3 (1570) WUBG the Oldies station out of Methuen/Boston on the Tune-In App on our smart tv for My Mom. I like the 2 shows Kool Radio carries on Saturday Mornings "Great Hits USA" and "AT 40 The 70s." I'm also Facebook friends with Rich Appel. He hosts "That Thing" with Rich Appel, a specialty show Kool Radio airs at 4PM on Saturdays and 6AM on Sundays. I let him know if they are off the air so we will if his show doesn't air.

WDRC-FM used to have a few songs in its library that would sound like that when played. The worst offender was the Mamas and Papas' "I Saw Her Again," in which Mama Cass's lead vocal and much of the instrumentation would disappear at times and all you;d hear were the backing vocals. One-channel audio from a recording that was probably false stereo to begin with.

Tighter Tighter by Alive N' Kickin is another one. Sometimes when they play it on 990/1270 you can barely hear the lead vocal for most of the song.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom