Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock929Boston twitter

Rock929Boston twitter

May be nothing but a twitter account @Rock929Boston was started last month.Not sure if Beasley or if someone's having fun...
    Beasley has the WBCN calls parked down in NC (though those who fondly remember WBCN are starting to get up there in age)...
    Curious..

Quote Originally Posted by raccoonradio View Post
    May be nothing but a twitter account @Rock929Boston was started last month.Not sure if Beasley or if someone's having fun...
    Beasley has the WBCN calls parked down in NC (though those who fondly remember WBCN are starting to get up there in age)...
    Curious..
    Calls mean nothing these days, even heritage calls. The cost of changing calls ( which is still less than a Macho Grande at Starbucks) isn't worth the effort.

Somewhere around here I have a Rock 92.9 hat from the late 70's or early 80's....

Yes though BCN fans may be curious.
    Apparently rock929boston.com and rockalternative929boston.com were also registered Mar 25.

Makes sense. The morning show is definitely more compatible with active/classic rock than it is to the Mall-ternative format that’s on there now. Plus, I know they’ve been on an upswing as of lately, but Alt has certainly seen better days in Boston and elsewhere.

I agree with the previous comment, But I wonder if the intent is to return the BCN letters to Boston, why didn't they incorporate them in the URL?

Quote Originally Posted by MRBIboredop View Post

Calls mean nothing these days, even heritage calls.
    I think that is overstating it.

If WBZ changed their calls to WPXQ it would hurt their brand.

Also, in order to find a station in the world of wi-fi radios.....you need to know the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    I agree with the previous comment, But I wonder if the intent is to return the BCN letters to Boston, why didn't they incorporate them in the URL?
    "Ninety Two Nine...the Rock of Boston" would work, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonradio View Post
    "Ninety Two Nine...the Rock of Boston" would work, I suppose.
    I'm surprised 99.1 has never been The Plymouth Rock at any time in its existence, although I've heard that Jack (I think) Campbell had a deep-seated hatred of rock.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post

I'm surprised 99.1 has never been The Plymouth Rock at any time in its existence, although I've heard that Jack (I think) Campbell had a deep-seated hatred of rock.
    Might've been a conflict with The Rosary....

Quote Originally Posted by Wimmmex View Post
    I think that is overstating it.

If WBZ changed their calls to WPXQ it would hurt their brand.

Also, in order to find a station in the world of wi-fi radios.....you need to know the calls.
    On this I agree with you wholeheartedly. Call letters matter.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast