• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

‘RuPaul’ Test To Debut On Fox Stations

They dont list Minneapolis but got dollars to donuts it will be on WFTC Fox9+ (formerly My29). KMSP (FOX) and WFTC are both O&O

RuPaul only has 6 EP's left and will not return just my opinion I don't see it going national for 2020-21 fall syndie season.

RuPaul only has 6 EP's left and will not return just my opinion I don't see it going national for 2020-21 fall syndie season.

What makes you have that take. I think you underestimate that the gay/transgender audience is growing, and ru pauls shows generally have gotten good ratings all the way back to when he was on the radio in New York. He is a relatable person in my opinion, maby not to your demographic up in michigan but to most markets he is relatable.

It’s worth keeping in mind it’s a tough and crowded market. Whether this show can show enough spark to warrant further consideration, I have no idea. Plenty have tried and failed, while unexpected successes pop up. Predictions at this point are mostly a coin toss in the absence of meaningful data.

What makes you have that take. I think you underestimate that the gay/transgender audience is growing, and ru pauls shows generally have gotten good ratings all the way back to when he was on the radio in New York. He is a relatable person in my opinion, maby not to your demographic up in michigan but to most markets he is relatable.

and not to my demographic either - #Over60

Perhaps they looked at past data and felt the results didn’t change significantly from weeks 3 to 6. Perhaps they have other obligations. Perhaps they didn’t want to invest more.

Why did "RuPaul" only get a 3 week test? Wendy Williams got a 6 week test. (And was picked up). Others got 6 week tests too.

um...try the words "lack of too much edge" when it comes to Ms. Wendy? Wendy don't have that same edge that "RuPaul" does - consequently (at least in my opinion), ANY network worth its weight in salt is NOT going to give a "RuPaul" type of program the same trial that Williams has (and has parlayed very successfully). Plus, I don't see Wendy being a turnoff factor in some demos, unlike RuPaul, who is basically being marketed to 25-34 audience....Wendy skews a bit older in demos (but has also been able to cross demos as well - just don't let your kids watch her :D )

but it's the "edge" factor, plus the narrow demos that RuPaul is probably going for - that could be stopping anything further beyond a THREE-week trial - definitely NOT in my demographic....

Curious—how is a RuPaul show “going for more narrow demographics” than most other daytime entries? It’s a talk show presumably filled with standard daytime talk fare.

because typically, daytime TV has had (David Eduardo, you can correct me if I'm wrong) a demographic goal of, I'd say, 25-54.....I would think that Ru's show would be skewing more towards 25-34...as opposed to, let's say, Wendy Williams, who I believe skews 25-49 or even 25-54 (no older than that)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom