Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WNSH 94.7 to Carry Some Sports Play by Play

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    I think they'll reach a 3 share by the summer.
    WNSH could go somewhat beyond that if Entercom follows through on their plans to move the station to a tower northeast of its current location. That should provide better coverage of Long Island. Currently their ratings in the Nassau/Suffolk book are less than half of what they are in the NYC list. So there is a lot of room for growth on the Island.
    One of the DJ's on Sirius XM's country hits channel said they have a lot of listeners on Long Island.
    Perhaps Entercom will do more to promote WNSH than Cumulus did. I spoke with someone from the area who likes country music. He did not know there is a country station in New York.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-15-2019 at 10:25 AM.

At one time, WHN was a Top 10 station in NYC. Of course that was a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    WNSH could go somewhat beyond that if Entercom follows through on their plans to move the station to a tower northeast of its current location. That should provide better coverage of Long Island. Currently their ratings in the Nassau/Suffolk book are less than half of what they are in the NYC list. So there is a lot of room for growth on the Island.
    One of the DJ's on Sirius XM's country hits channel said they have a lot of listeners on Long Island.
    Perhaps Entercom will do more to promote WNSH than Cumulus did. I spoke with someone from the area who likes country music. He did not know there is a country station in New York.
    Long Island already has a country station on 96.1. This station at least covers the eastern half of the island. How are their ratings?

96.1 is located toward the eastern part of LI, and has a modest signal. Thus it does not reach the more populous areas, located toward the western part of the Island. It is not listed in the current Nassau/Suffolk ratings. But from what I recall the station had about a 1 rating, not bad for the relatively small and lightly populated area that it reaches.
    Another part of the area that does not have decent reception of a country station is located around Norwalk CT. That should also be remedied when the signal of WNSH is moved eastward.

The country station has moved from its former studio at 2 Penn Plaza to Entercom's location on Hudson St. Apparently they had been broadcasting for a while from both places.
    The move: https://twitter.com/i/status/1131310521372893185
    As WPLJ is also located at Cumulus' digs at Penn Plaza, I wonder whether buyer EMF will eventually move it too, once they take over and put it on the K-Love feed. They may not need such a high profile location, as the station will just be racks of equipment, and perhaps satellite dishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    They may not need such a high profile location, as the station will just be racks of equipment, and perhaps satellite dishes.

They might in fact operate from the transmitter site at the Empire State Building.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123