Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WNSH 94.7 to Carry Some Sports Play by Play

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    I don't think that's what's happening here though.
    I hope he's only exaggerating when he posts about tractor pulls and bullfighting on 94.7. There is no national broadcast of tractor pulling; it is strictly a local, county-fair-type activity and radio play-by-play would have zera appeal anywhere, let alone in New York City. Bullfighting is not a rural American pastime, period. Dogfighting, yes, but the demographics are wrong, the most famous dogfighter, Mr. Vick, is no longer in the game, and, ummmm, it's illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by CTListener View Post
    I hope he's only exaggerating when he posts about tractor pulls and bullfighting on 94.7.
    Gee, what day is today?
    Plugged into the electric radio

Some years ago some New York Giant football games were aired on WCBS-FM due to conflicts. I think that 94.7 FM is the overflow station since it is cheaper to keep it in the Entercom family rather than buy time on an AM station like 930, 970 or 1130.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Gee, what day is today?
    Arrghhhh! Got me!

WNSH carried its second Nets basketball game tonight. I thought that would be the last one for the season, but it is possible they will have to broadcast more over the next few days. The team has made it to playoffs.

Brooklyn Nets vs. Philadelphia 76ers 1st Round Playoff Schedule:

Game 1: Sat, April 13 Brooklyn at Philadelphia, 2:30 ET, ESPN - probably on WCBS 880 as Mets play at 7:20 PM
    Game 2: Mon, April 15 Brooklyn at Philadelphia, 8 ET, TNT - probably on WFAN 660/101.9 as Yankees are off
    Game 3: Thu, April 18 Philadelphia at Brooklyn, 8 ET, TNT - probably on WCBS 880 as Mets are off
    Game 4: Sat, April 20 Philadelphia at Brooklyn, 3 ET, TNT - probably on WNSH 94.7 as Yankees and Mets play in afternoon
    *Game 5: Tue, April 23 Brooklyn at Philadelphia TBD, TBD - probably on WNSH 94.7 as Yankees and Mets play at night
    *Game 6: Thu, April 25 Philadelphia at Brooklyn TBD, TBD - probably on WCBS 880 as Mets are off
    *Game 7: Sat, April 27 Brooklyn at Philadelphia, TBD, TNT - probably on WNSH 94.7 as Mets play at 7:10 PM and Yankees at 4:05 PM
    - (unless Nets start time is early enough in afternoon, then could be on WCBS 880)

* = if necessary

All subject to change due to baseball weather delays and/or postponements
    and length of basketball series.

InsideRadio reports that the swap involving WNSH has closed. Entercom is now the owner of the country station.
    They are apparently acquiring it at a good time. Their overall ratings have been on the rise, and have now reached 2.8. That 's the highest I recall seeing for them.
    Perhaps they have been boosted by the switch to a local morning show earlier in the year, which includes an hour of continuous music every weekday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Perhaps they have been boosted by the switch to a local morning show earlier in the year, which includes an hour of continuous music every weekday.
    I agree. More music always translates to more listeners. I think they'll reach a 3 share by the summer.

I have completely ignored that spot on the dial not so much that I am not a big fan of new country, I would be willing to getting used to something diifferent, but the audio on 94.7 was always the worst in NYC. Like listening to music on AM. Out of curiosity will give it a shot tomorrow and see if it has changed any.

Signal still sounds the same as I remember it here in Rockland. Losts of co-channel, same channel interference and static, unlike all other NYC stations that boom in. Audio is vary narrow, just a step above AM. With the money they are spending you would think they would make some improvements there. Perhaps when they move to NYC?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast