• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Nothin' beats KEZ

95~Five The Mountain, I ♥ Bankruptcy's 24/7 jukebox, did just that in the useless February 6+ ratings: https://ratings.radio-online.com/cgi-bin/rol.exe/arb057 Who cares, as I ♥ has five stations in the Top 10.

Classic Rock/Classic Hits/Adult Hits are all in the format driver's seat.

Once again, Los Buckeye Boyz are blown away by KNAI's translator giving the station the same kind of numbers it had with more powerful 88~Three. Even KOY's translator is helping that station stay alive.

And yes, another strong showing for the station once know primarily for its drifting lamptimer.

Last edited:
I'm always entertained by the haters who say the company doesn't know radio or programming, and yet they top the ratings in most major markets.

I didn't see where the doc said that. Pretty clear he doesn't think much of the 6+ ratings but then, in my experience, nobody else here does either.

Personally, I watch , yes, watch, about ten minutes of KEZ's Beth each morning but on the Fox O&O TV show. Like her but can't stand the radio show.

I didn't see where the doc said that. Pretty clear he doesn't think much of the 6+ ratings but then, in my experience, nobody else here does either.

Personally, I watch , yes, watch, about ten minutes of KEZ's Beth each morning but on the Fox O&O TV show. Like her but can't stand the radio show.

I didn't get that BigA was criticizing the good doctor, but, rather, being a general comment about how stations that are successful oftentimes get dissed.

The reason why 6+ numbers are dismissed in the industry is not that they are not accurate but that they have no usefulness. Advertisers don't look at them, and stations don't use them to help make programming evaluations. Yet based on sample size, they are the most accurate table in the entire ratings repertoire.

Pretty cool to see Roq of the 80s on KOOL-HD2 show a blip down at the very bottom. Who knew there were even enough HD recievers in the valley to produce a 0.1 share?!?

Pretty cool to see Roq of the 80s on KOOL-HD2 show a blip down at the very bottom. Who knew there were even enough HD recievers in the valley to produce a 0.1 share?!?

IIRC, 0.1 is the participation trophy for hitting a meter at least once.

IIRC, 0.1 is the participation trophy for hitting a meter at least once.

Yes. One meter, one time for 5 different minutes in a single quarter hour.

I've got three of 'em but none are tuned to KOOL.

Yes. One meter, one time for 5 different minutes in a single quarter hour.

Is this cute little scam meant to be a sort of perk to keep stations subscribing? Surely the advertisers all know that a 0.1 could mean one person in the entire market listening for five minutes just as well as it could mean hundreds or thousands of people listening all day, depending on market size, so the number is completely meaningless. What's in it for the stations that keep paying Nielsen for this useless bit of faked data?

Put Roq of the Eighties on a translator and there'd probably be more traction than what the HD~Too is providing.

Is this cute little scam meant to be a sort of perk to keep stations subscribing? Surely the advertisers all know that a 0.1 could mean one person in the entire market listening for five minutes just as well as it could mean hundreds or thousands of people listening all day, depending on market size, so the number is completely meaningless. What's in it for the stations that keep paying Nielsen for this useless bit of faked data?

Is a Nielsen license for a market group-wide or station-by-station? I would imagine it's a group deal because for stations that get a sub-0.5 share continuously (i.e., every Sports station that isn't KMVP), it wouldn't be worth the money to subscribe if they're not going to get a share of the agency pie.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom