Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Ratings Are Out

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Although I don't see Washington as a battleground state, this fewer PAC dollars.
    Traditional media made a lot of money on a mid-term election. Those who live here and consume traditional media know what is being referred to.

Nobody has figured out yet why the News and News/Talk stations increased in February?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Although I don't see Washington as a battleground state, this fewer PAC dollars.
    Not as much traditional PAC spending as mid-terms, but a lot of what we call PAC-Attack. GOP PAC's going after DEM PAC's along the Presidential run-up's. We're all hoping for a lot of back and forth!
    Cha-Ching!

We the TV viewers will be sick of them by early July of 2020...
    782 AM's in the log, 663 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KATW-101.5 Lewiston ID, 6/25/19
    Last New AM Log: 1570 WFRL Freeport IL, 3/3/19

Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post
    Nobody has figured out yet why the News and News/Talk stations increased in February?
    Weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    Not as much traditional PAC spending as mid-terms
    That's what I mean. If you want to see real election money, travel to Ohio, PA, and Florida. That's where a lot of the national money goes.

But sure, the local parties are still spending for local races. Don't know if this is the case everywhere, but I've noticed that the local parties have brought their production in house. Not using outside agencies as much as they once did.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    Here's the demo analysis.
    NPR programming generally attracts an older demo. Not so apparently in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEBOYBLUE View Post
    Weather.
    Winner!

Quote Originally Posted by AQH View Post
    Winner!
    Little Boy Blue beat me out. But I knew the answer too. Weather still is a subject that listeners tune in to hear about, no question. And when weather goes haywire, as it has over most of the State in February, radio stations that tend to cover it do well. Pretty basic radio principles here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast