Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Ratings Are Out

BOOM! The Sound goes up like a rocket into 4th place! Take that Warm! I'll be impressed if they beat 97.3's 5.9 next month.
    Is that The Wolf's highest score in a long time? KNUC still sucks in the ratings, nyuk nyuk nyuk. Is "Seattle's Funniest Person" helping KBKS? Hell no.
    KIRO-AM dropped big this month, probably because of the 'interim' between Seahawks and Mariners. It should be near or at 3's soon, once Mariners baseball starts back up. At 'T-Mobile Park.' I will ALWAYS call it Safeco Field...
    I have a feeling that 104.5's N/A wasn't a fluke as it's N/A again. Likely not subscribing at all anymore.
    782 AM's in the log, 663 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KATW-101.5 Lewiston ID, 6/25/19
    Last New AM Log: 1570 WFRL Freeport IL, 3/3/19

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    BOOM! The Sound goes up like a rocket into 4th place! Take that Warm! I'll be impressed if they beat 97.3's 5.9 next month.
    Is that The Wolf's highest score in a long time? KNUC still sucks in the ratings, nyuk nyuk nyuk. Is "Seattle's Funniest Person" helping KBKS? Hell no.
    KIRO-AM dropped big this month, probably because of the 'interim' between Seahawks and Mariners. It should be near or at 3's soon, once Mariners baseball starts back up. At 'T-Mobile Park.' I will ALWAYS call it Safeco Field...
    I have a feeling that 104.5's N/A wasn't a fluke as it's N/A again. Likely not subscribing at all anymore.
    There is no doubt "The Sound" is for real. When every programmer and consultant said this format was dead. Yeah, right.

Too bad my current market has nothing remotely similar to it. It is either hard rock, top40, or country. Absolutely no other choices! (but that is my problem).

KIRO AM is indeed seasonal and also at the mercy of the success of the teams they cover. The lineup is OK, all top pros, but some are better newspaper reporters than radio talk show hosts.

Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    There is no doubt "The Sound" is for real. When every programmer and consultant said this format was dead. Yeah, right.
    I don't know that anyone used the word "dead." What I have said is it attracts an older demographic, and I'm not convinced it can make a lot of money with that demo.

Just because people are old doesn't mean they're dead. Some readers to this forum will be glad to hear that.

I don't know that this station with this format is making more money, or reaching a better demo, than it did as KMPS.

There are people who post here who know if it is.

I am also pretty sure that KNUC is getting better ratings as a country station than it did as a rock station.

And ratings for country overall are pretty high right now, given that Seattle is not what one might consider a country market.

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    Is "Seattle's Funniest Person" helping KBKS? Hell no.
    The winner for that contest was supposedly announced back in January. Anyone know who it is?

Quote Originally Posted by seatownmedia View Post
    Too bad my current market has nothing remotely similar to it. It is either hard rock, top40, or country. Absolutely no other choices! (but that is my problem).
    Or Regional Mexican and Spanish religious.
    But on that contrary, would a Soft AC work in Tri-Cities? I guess Smooth Jazz 102.3 counts as the 'soft' station in Tri-Cities, however. Does it get a decent audience BTW? KONA-105.3 is Adult Contemporary, but of course not every song that airs there is a 'soft' hit. AC has evolved over the years, and now I hear a lot of uptempo recent pop on AC stations.
    Anyways, back to our Seattle topic.

So, since the Seahawks broadcasts are not a factor in these set of ratings, does anyone think KIRO's bump is a result of the departure of Ron & Don? Maybe it was a good call on KIRO's part.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleNative View Post
    So, since the Seahawks broadcasts are not a factor in these set of ratings, does anyone think KIRO's bump is a result of the departure of Ron & Don? Maybe it was a good call on KIRO's part.
    February couldn't have been a better month for News/Talk, look at KOMO and especially KUOW.

There's one reason why all three stations moved up in February. Anybody want to guess?

That, and the eternal news cycle of Trump. With the never-ending bombshells, no wonder KIRO is on top with KUOW.

Kelly wringing his hands: AND for those who get bonuses based on company revenue, we're all excited for the 2020 races to get started and that money being spent on TV and Radio! Bring on those PAC dollars baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly A View Post
    Kelly wringing his hands: AND for those who get bonuses based on company revenue, we're all excited for the 2020 races to get started and that money being spent on TV and Radio! Bring on those PAC dollars baby!
    Although I don't see Washington as a battleground state, this fewer PAC dollars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast