• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Would Cox Media Group put WBLI/WBAB for sale?

Have you noticed recently about Cox Media Group? Well, they're in the process of selling its TV stations to Apollo Global Management! Now, it really seems to me that Cox Media Group might putting its radio stations for sale! So probably it will impact not only it's 2 stations (WBLI/WBAB) in Long Island, but its other radio stations in Tampa, Houston, Dayton, San Antonio, Orlando, Miami, Atlanta, etc. Would Entercom buy Cox's radio stations or will a string of companies like Cumulus Media, Townsquare Media or even Connossieur Media buy them?

So what happens if Conossieur Media buys both WBLI/WBAB from Cox, would they have to sell off some underperforming stations like WHLI, WWSK to a third-party owner to avoid anti-trust concerns.

So what happens if Conossieur Media buys both WBLI/WBAB from Cox, would they have to sell off some underperforming stations like WHLI, WWSK to a third-party owner to avoid anti-trust concerns.

Is Connoisseur in a buying mood? Wasn't too long ago that they unloaded underperforming WDRC-FM Hartford to small-timers Full Power/Red Wolf (company does business under both names).

Folks, do you remember 1 time when both WALK and WBLI were both owned by its former owners, Chancellor/AMFM (which was later purchased by Clear Channel/iHeartMedia) in the 90s?

I forget where, but I'm almost positive Connoisseur spun off a couple other stations after spinning off the WDRC stations.

WPST, etc

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom