Thread: Question for streaming fm station not stream but I want stream that have no stream fo

Question for streaming fm station not stream but I want stream that have no stream fo

How I stream my radio in my room to computer . I want to stream a fm signal in my area because they don’t have website and streaming?

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joylovepulse967 View Post
    How I stream my radio in my room to computer . I want to stream a fm signal in my area because they don’t have website and streaming?
    You legally can't stream someone else's intellectual property without consent. In addition, if you stream anything, you are responsible for the performance rights payments (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etcc) for the songs and the DMCA rights payments on the recordings.

One of the reasons some small or non-profit stations do not stream is to avoid burdensome rights payments. If you stream for them, you are responsible for those payments.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

You legally can't stream someone else's intellectual property without consent. In addition, if you stream anything, you are responsible for the performance rights payments (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etcc) for the songs and the DMCA rights payments on the recordings.

One of the reasons some small or non-profit stations do not stream is to avoid burdensome rights payments. If you stream for them, you are responsible for those payments.
    It sounds to me like the intention is to stream over the local LAN, not over the internet. As long as the streaming port is blocked to the outside world at the modem, I don't see how that's any more illegal than playing your music collection or audio from a SeriusXM receiver over a Part 15 FM station or a bluetooth device within the confines of one's own home or car.

I don't think anyone has ever been arrested for broadcasting Howard Stern over FM to surrounding cars, and that's been happening for years. Ancient Modulation "phono oscillators" go back even further, to the 1940s at least. As long as the intent is not to broadcast to the general public, I don't think there are any legal or copyright issues. I think that's considered "fair use" of copyrighted material, so long as it's for personal/family use only.
    We have to save the Earth! It's the only planet with football and beer.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithE4 View Post
    It sounds to me like the intention is to stream over the local LAN, not over the internet. As long as the streaming port is blocked to the outside world at the modem, I don't see how that's any more illegal than playing your music collection or audio from a SeriusXM receiver over a Part 15 FM station or a bluetooth device within the confines of one's own home or car.

I don't think anyone has ever been arrested for broadcasting Howard Stern over FM to surrounding cars, and that's been happening for years. Ancient Modulation "phono oscillators" go back even further, to the 1940s at least. As long as the intent is not to broadcast to the general public, I don't think there are any legal or copyright issues. I think that's considered "fair use" of copyrighted material, so long as it's for personal/family use only.
    If that is the case, you are totally correct. I thought the OP meant to stream for others what was not available from the station itself.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

How

Quote Originally Posted by Joylovepulse967 View Post
    How
    If you want to stream audio which belongs to someone else, the simple answer is ...
    You can't. It's not legal.