• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Question for streaming fm station not stream but I want stream that have no stream fo

J

Joylovepulse967

How I stream my radio in my room to computer . I want to stream a fm signal in my area because they don’t have website and streaming?

How I stream my radio in my room to computer . I want to stream a fm signal in my area because they don’t have website and streaming?

You legally can't stream someone else's intellectual property without consent. In addition, if you stream anything, you are responsible for the performance rights payments (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etcc) for the songs and the DMCA rights payments on the recordings.

One of the reasons some small or non-profit stations do not stream is to avoid burdensome rights payments. If you stream for them, you are responsible for those payments.

You legally can't stream someone else's intellectual property without consent. In addition, if you stream anything, you are responsible for the performance rights payments (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etcc) for the songs and the DMCA rights payments on the recordings.

One of the reasons some small or non-profit stations do not stream is to avoid burdensome rights payments. If you stream for them, you are responsible for those payments.

It sounds to me like the intention is to stream over the local LAN, not over the internet. As long as the streaming port is blocked to the outside world at the modem, I don't see how that's any more illegal than playing your music collection or audio from a SeriusXM receiver over a Part 15 FM station or a bluetooth device within the confines of one's own home or car.

I don't think anyone has ever been arrested for broadcasting Howard Stern over FM to surrounding cars, and that's been happening for years. Ancient Modulation "phono oscillators" go back even further, to the 1940s at least. As long as the intent is not to broadcast to the general public, I don't think there are any legal or copyright issues. I think that's considered "fair use" of copyrighted material, so long as it's for personal/family use only.

It sounds to me like the intention is to stream over the local LAN, not over the internet. As long as the streaming port is blocked to the outside world at the modem, I don't see how that's any more illegal than playing your music collection or audio from a SeriusXM receiver over a Part 15 FM station or a bluetooth device within the confines of one's own home or car.

I don't think anyone has ever been arrested for broadcasting Howard Stern over FM to surrounding cars, and that's been happening for years. Ancient Modulation "phono oscillators" go back even further, to the 1940s at least. As long as the intent is not to broadcast to the general public, I don't think there are any legal or copyright issues. I think that's considered "fair use" of copyrighted material, so long as it's for personal/family use only.

If that is the case, you are totally correct. I thought the OP meant to stream for others what was not available from the station itself.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom