• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Sky Daniels Retires from KCSN

I like this move. I'm guessing he won't be at ALT 94/9 in San Diego any longer. Good Move by 88.5's new GM. I like the new tag line "Independent 88.5" as well. Joe G

My guess, Joe, is that Mookie is long gone from 94.9 according to how I read Lance's note. The irony for me, personally, is when I had my company (selling sponsored radio messages promoting don't drink and drive or drug abuse awareness, etc) I did business for a short time with 94.9 BUT had a long time relationship buying air time from KPRI and even before when they were known as SETS 102.1 (KXST IIRC the calls). Current KCSM GM Patrick Osburn was the sales mgr there at KPRI, had several reps I dealt with over the years. (1999 - 2009)

I like this move. I'm guessing he won't be at ALT 94/9 in San Diego any longer. Good Move by 88.5's new GM. I like the new tag line "Independent 88.5" as well. Joe G

Looks like they have dispensed with that insipid "Smart Rock" moniker too. That label reeks of know-nothing intelligentsia. As in, "My rock station is so much smarter and enlightened than yours".

I am sure that plays well in the staff lounge and amongst a certain sub-group of like-minded minions around town, but it is pedantic and off-putting to a lot of others. The station is small enough, it should convey a sense of welcoming to all.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/178958/kcsn-promotes-andy-chanley-to-music-director/

Cal State University Northridge AAA “88.5 FM” KCSN Northridge/KSBR Mission Viejo CA continues its staff promotions with afternoon host Andy Chanley rising to Music Director.

Chanley joined KCSN/KSBR in March 2018 following the sale of Entercom Classic Rock “100.3 The Sound” KSWD to Educational Media Foundation. Chanley had been the first host on air at KSWD when it launched in 2008 and the final voice when it signed off. He has also worked at Alternative “Y107” and “Channel 103.1” in the market.

An update

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom