Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sky Daniels Retires from KCSN

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Travis View Post
    It could be a positive - the marketing resources of KPCC backing the growth of the KCSN format. I don't imagine they'd want to take it to News/Talk. Interesting.
    Hard to say. Their signals overlap over LA, but KCSN reaches farther north, so they might want the signal to extend their reach.

I'm just speculating, but I'd guess their audiences are similar demographically.

Interesting timing, with Sky retiring a few months ago, and now this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Hard to say. Their signals overlap over LA, but KCSN reaches farther north, so they might want the signal to extend their reach.

I'm just speculating, but I'd guess their audiences are similar demographically.

Interesting timing, with Sky retiring a few months ago, and now this.
    Could be a really nice merger! American Public Media operates one of the most successful AAA public radio formats in the country (KCMP) and are well-endowed. This could be more of a shot at drawing listeners/members away from KCRW -- which broadcasts music in the mornings, evenings and weekends.

There is a substantial cost of acquiring new members and doing proper marketing. APM could really maximize their operations. I could see them adding KCSN on HD-2 and I don't see them switching from the AAA format.

Quote Originally Posted by radiojomo View Post
    Could be a really nice merger! American Public Media operates one of the most successful AAA public radio formats in the country
    I think you may be over-reaching here. APM is not directly involved. You might be talking about Southern California Public Radio, which is a subsidiary. The rumor mentions a LMA, which is a marketing agreement, not a merger.

It's starting to make sense...KSBR Jazz went automated and It's GM Jim Rondeau left

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    I think you may be over-reaching here. APM is not directly involved. You might be talking about Southern California Public Radio, which is a subsidiary. The rumor mentions a LMA, which is a marketing agreement, not a merger.
    I'm a fan of 89.3 "The Current" which is KCMP out of the twin cities. I enjoy listening to BOTH 88.5 and 89.3 HD2 as they keep me musically inclined. I'm sure more info will be forthcoming. I'm happy with 88.5 overall at this time. Joe G Bear

Maybe this is unrelated to the future of the station issue I pondered, but in my prior post I referenced the station being in good hands after Sky Daniel's retirement under the guidance of Mookie (Marc Kaczor) and Jeff Penfield. Now today the news breaks that acting PD JEFF PENFIELD is leaving after his six years residency at the end of this month so to relocate to DALLAS to become Manager/Radio Operations at NORTH TEXAS PUBLIC MEDIA News/Talk KERA and Triple A KKXT. Moving forward, 88.5 FM programming is solely in the hands of the excellent MARC “MOOKIE” KACZOR.

Delete post - covered by "david" above.
    Last edited by pjc1961; 06-19-2019 at 03:43 PM.

It is bittersweet news that my "Co-captain" at 88.5FM is leaving to take a position at KERA-KXT/Dallas. Jeff was the glue that was holding the station together since I left.

Official announcement of a new GM at KCSN:

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...sn-los-angeles

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...gram-director/

An Update Mark Mookie Kaczor to be the PD at KCSN-FM.

I Like "Mookie" and He's Has Great Taste In Spotlighting New Rock

I like this move. I'm guessing he won't be at ALT 94/9 in San Diego any longer. Good Move by 88.5's new GM. I like the new tag line "Independent 88.5" as well. Joe G
    Quote Originally Posted by RadioPatrol View Post
    https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...gram-director/

An Update Mark Mookie Kaczor to be the PD at KCSN-FM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast