Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Sen. Elizabeth Warren pushes to break up big tech companies like Amazon and Facebook

Well, well, well. Looks like we have a two-fer.

Undercover video shot by an investigative journalist shows a Google executive basically admitting
    that their goal is to do everything they possibly can to prevent Republicans from winning more elections.

https://gohmert.house.gov/news/docum...umentID=399712

And....to make the story even juicier, Google doubles-down by deleting the journalist's video
    from Google-owned YouTube.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/...posing-google/

Senator Warren looks more prescient with each passing day.

Yet there's no outrage about the actual proven Russian interference in the election.

Myself .Just heard the news on the radio that James O'Keefe's Project Veritas got something on Google.....

Back to the topic....I agree what some of you guys said in what does Amazon got to do with big tech right up front.Need The only issue with them is their cut rate USPS rates.Maybe Sen Warren is looking at them for the cheap postage rates.Cant blame her for doing that....

It's not against the law for people who work for companies to have political opinions. It's not against the law for companies to use their money & influence in elections. AT&T spend millions to get Republicans elected in 2016. They even spent millions hiring Michael Cohen to influence Trump. There are no laws preventing that kind of political influence. Democrats have tried to pass campaign finance laws to prevent that kind of interference, but Republicans oppose it. If Republicans would like to propose campaign finance laws that are fair and prevent all companies, not just the ones who oppose them, from influencing elections, they will find the Democrats like Warren and Sanders willing to co-sponsor. But keep in mind that there are a lot more companies that support Republicans, so it will hurt them more.

Quote Originally Posted by WPPCProductions View Post
    Myself .Just heard the news on the radio that James O'Keefe's Project Veritas got something on Google.....

Back to the topic....I agree what some of you guys said in what does Amazon got to do with big tech right up front.Need The only issue with them is their cut rate USPS rates.Maybe Sen Warren is looking at them for the cheap postage rates.Cant blame her for doing that....
    In having worked for UPS (Although I recently retired) I know that they negotiate rates with all their customers and give bigger shippers better rates, including Amazon. Fed Ex also does that, and I'd think that the USPS does as well, and that is perfectly legal.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    In having worked for UPS (Although I recently retired) I know that they negotiate rates with all their customers and give bigger shippers better rates, including Amazon. Fed Ex also does that, and I'd think that the USPS does as well, and that is perfectly legal.
    One other thing that doesn't get mentioned is that Amazon passes all shipping costs on to consumers. So if the postal service raises the rate, Amazon will just pass that cost on to consumers. Kind of like tariffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Yet there's no outrage about the actual proven Russian interference in the election.
    Proven? By whom?

Certainly not Robert Mueller, who appears to have slithered off into retirement.

On the other hand.....Dennis Prager and Ben Shapiro are Nazis??

https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/...e-dogwhistles/

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    It's not against the law for people who work for companies to have political opinions. It's not against the law for companies to use their money & influence in elections. AT&T spend millions to get Republicans elected in 2016. They even spent millions hiring Michael Cohen to influence Trump. There are no laws preventing that kind of political influence. Democrats have tried to pass campaign finance laws to prevent that kind of interference, but Republicans oppose it. If Republicans would like to propose campaign finance laws that are fair and prevent all companies, not just the ones who oppose them, from influencing elections, they will find the Democrats like Warren and Sanders willing to co-sponsor. But keep in mind that there are a lot more companies that support Republicans, so it will hurt them more.

If Google and Twitter were run by Republicans and were silencing your views, I humbly suggest that you might feel differently.

This thread has devolved to republican vs. democrat. You know the rules. Thread closed.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718