Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Sen. Elizabeth Warren pushes to break up big tech companies like Amazon and Facebook

Sometimes I think in a way it might not be a bad idea to separate the political side of social media (on BOTH sides) from the side of people who use it for updating what's going on with family and friends who don't care about the political hacks on both sides who have ruined it for them. Perhaps there should be a separate Facebook like site where political commentary isn't allowed.
    Last edited by anotherguy; 06-15-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
    I got to thinking in a way it might not be a bad idea to separate The political side of social media (on BOTH sides) from the side of people who use it for updating what's going on with family and friends who don't care about the political hacks on both sides who have ruined it for them. Perhaps there should be a separate Facebook like site where political commentary isn't allowed.
    The problem is... just as it is with many of us on this radio board... that politics is not far removed from broadcasting or any other subject.

Want to talk about college? That brings up student loans, student debt, polarized teachers and so on.

Want to talk about your job? Increasing state taxes... regulations... EEO... and a hundred other subjects that are political come up.

In radio, it's everything from balance to ownership to music licensing... all controlled or regulated by the government.

Heck, even in "Gunsmoke" you had to keep Marshall Dillon on your side!
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

And, OMG, will they follow you. Some of them will find out enough to get an address or a phone number, too.

But in my case the superpacs got my number and address through voter registration forms. And in my case I know where some of these ads come from these people doing the political ads on facebook are based from their west coast offices in Sacramento though.

http://www.investigatetv.com/you-can...g-on-facebook/

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

And, OMG, will they follow you. Some of them will find out enough to get an address or a phone number, too.
    I don't get enough junk ads to get excited about it but I did invest in a good smartphone blocker and, as I have to walk right passed my garbage can when coming in from the mailbox, it is real easy to toss the paper format. I wish I could kill the freebie neighborhood "newspaper" as easily.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617