Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WBBF simulcasting WHTT

Quote Originally Posted by SirRoxalot View Post

Country version of WECK?
    Pretty unlikely for CMLS

Quote Originally Posted by SirRoxalot View Post

Country version of WECK?
    at first I didn't get the reference, but then your point hit home. Doing such a format against WYRK would be titling at windmills. Then it occured...Could Cumulus have plans for an Oldies station that wouldnt get in the way of WHTT but might play havoc with WECK? Fifties and 60s. Wow! That would be like the Russians messing with the US elections on social media.

Could an all polka format work in Buffalo? Couldn't be any worse than what they are doing now. Sixty years ago an all Polish format would have worked fabulously but nobody dared to try it then.

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANager View Post
    Could an all polka format work in Buffalo?
    I think it's being done in Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    I think it's being done in Chicago.
    Dyngus Day is coming.

Get your rain coats, squirt guns and pussy willows.

What happened to the Urban gospel format on 1120?
    If you never say no, how much is your yes worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeziknoradio View Post
    What happened to the Urban gospel format on 1120?
    It was a brokered format. Very likely, the buyer couldn't come up with the rent. Could be Cumulus jacked up the rate. Polka shows (at least on the weekend) on 1120 aren't as far out of the realm as some might think. Back in the day, Stan Jasinski and Bob Mycek did polka shows on weekends and the programs generated a respectable sum.

Anybody old enough to remember country on 1120 WWOL? I do! Oh yes...and the Polka shows! Buffalo, one of the few places where you still can hear a good Polka on the radio!
    Out of the money demo...all the way out!

I remember country on WWOL very well. WWOL was the last Buffalo station I ever worked for. Was in the summer of 1969 when some foolish employees formed a union and went out on strike. Apparently WWOL was doing well and the air talent thought they weren't getting their fair share of the vast profits. Management was desperate and I was available. Was the only job I've ever had when I left the radio station accompanied by an armed guard who inspected under the hood of my car to make sure there was no explosive present. I think that Ramblin' Lou worked there at the time as it was before he bought 1300 from Stan Jasinski.
    When you have a station with as little ratings potential as 1120, all polkas might make sense. What's there to lose?

I'm pretty sure that Cumulus would be happy to broker the station to anybody with cash. You got a format and enough money to pay the utilities? Make 'em an offer! An hour, a day - take the whole week! Airtime is for sale!
    Did I forget that <<sarcasm>> tag again?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast