• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WarnerMedia Investigates CEO Kevin Tsujihara, Again, Over Impropriety Allegations

https://deadline.com/2019/03/kevin-...stigation-impropriety-allegations-1202570941/

An Actress was allegedly mentioned to be in an "inappropriate Relationship" with Tsujihara.

WarnerMedia confirms it is reopening an investigation over questions of whether Warner Bros Entertainment chairman Kevin Tsujihara engaged in improper behavior by engaging in an extramarital relationship with actress Charlotte Kirk and then attempting to help her gain a foothold with roles in Warner Bros films.

This follows a detailed story in THR that made the allegations, accompanied by a litany of tawdry texts dating back to 2013 and involving the likes of James Packer and Brett Ratner. Rumors of all this have floated around for the past year and those texts were viewed by every trade, including Deadline.

None of these stories is an easy decision, and this one took guts. Deadline just couldn’t get past the adamant denials of the actress, and didn’t publish. At the time our reporter spoke with Kirk, she hung up the phone, more than once. Threats of lawsuits from her attorney followed. People often threaten to sue, but there is dubious precedent here in #MeToo era investigative stories. Most were driven by alleged victims telling their stories of abuse. It is new ground to publish a story against the expressed wishes and vehement denials of a possible alleged victim, which puts a publication in a position of re-victimizing a possible victim.

https://deadline.com/2019/03/kevin-tsujihara-response-warner-bros-investigation-memo-1202571582/

An update

“I deeply regret that I have made mistakes in my personal life that have caused pain and embarrassment to the people I love the most,” said Tsujihara in the memo sent out at 11:14 AM Friday morning.

“I also deeply regret that these personal actions have caused embarrassment to the company and to all of you,” the exec added, promising to “cooperate” with the latest outside law firm-led investigation. “I realized some time ago you are right to expect more from me and I set a course to do better,” Tsujihara declares. “That journey continues.” (READ TSUJIHARA’S FULL STATEMENT BELOW)

The memo also informs WB employees that in the spirit of creating “a workplace where everyone feels included and heard,” Tsujihara has “asked HR to make additional accommodations if anyone needs to talk.”

The correspondence comes as the studio boss faces claims that he promoted actress Charlotte Kirk for roles in WB projects as the two were having an extramarital relationship.

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-news/232240/wbs-tsujihara-steps-down-following-scandal/

NEW YORK (AP) — Warner Bros. chief Kevin Tsujihara is stepping down after claims that he promised acting roles in exchange for sex.

As Warner Bros. chairman and chief executive officer at one of Hollywood’s most powerful and prestigious studios, Tsujihara is one of the highest ranking executives to be felled by sexual misconduct allegations. Warner media chief executive John Stankey announced Tsujihara’s exit Monday, saying it was in the studio’s “best interest.”

“Kevin acknowledges that his mistakes are inconsistent with the company’s leadership expectations and could impact the company’s ability to execute going forward,” said Stankey.

Earlier this month, WarnerMedia launched an investigation following a Hollywood Reporter story that detailed text messages between Tsujihara and British actress Charlotte Kirk going back to 2013. The messages suggest a quid pro quo sexual relationship between the aspiring actress and the studio head in which he made promises that he’d introduce her to influential executives and she’d be considered for roles in movies and television.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...rship-team-wake-kevin-tsujiharas-exit-1195577

New Leadership coming to Warner Brothers

As WarnerMedia's John Stankey searches for a new studio chief, he has put studio execs Toby Emmerich, Peter Roth and Kim Williams in charge.
Right on the heels of Kevin Tsujihara’s Monday exit as Warner Bros. chairman and CEO, WarnerMedia CEO John Stankey has moved quickly to appoint an interim team to oversee the studio until a permanent replacement is found for Tsujihara, He formally announced the formation of the new team to the Warners staff on Tuesday afternoon.

Toby Emmerich, who oversees the studio’s movie operations as Warner Bros. motion picture group chairman, and Peter Roth, who supervises TV as Warner Bros. television group president and CCO, have been tapped, along Warner Bros. Entertainment executive vp and CFO Kim Williams, all of whom will report to Stankey.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom