• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Yearwood to Host New Show on SiriusXM's The Garth Channel

She must have really had to sweat out the grueling interview process to land that gig! ;)

Seriously, I'm sure she'll do fine on radio, as she handles TV hosting well. I have albums by both her and Garth and have always found the songs on hers more interesting -- although she's strictly an interpreter of songs written by others. Not sure how she's going to "combine her love for food and music" in one show, unless she plans on doing Weird Al Yankovic-style parodies of her own hits. "She's In Love With The Bok Choy"? "In Another's Fries"?

Sounds somewhat similar to a previous show hosted by Trisha on the Garth Channel, launched last year:

https://musicrow.com/2018/04/trisha-yearwoods-new-siriusxm-show-launches-today-on-garth-channel/

Could be a rebranding or revision. But she's hardly new to the channel.

More a mini-feature. I've heard the show you refer to. She plays five songs with some sort of connection between them and front- and back-announces each song. No cooking, no chitchat, no real hosting. Ronnie Dunn of Brooks & Dunn has the same sort of show on Prime Country. This show seems to be something considerably more, at least judging by the release. Unfortunately I missed the new show's debut yesterday, but I'm sure it will have plenty of reruns (encores, as SXM likes to call them) all week long.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom