• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

95.7 in Bellingham

placebo1969

Frequent Participant
I'm not sure how long (maybe a month or so), I get two stations on 95.7 when I'm in my car. One is The Jet and the other, I can't tell. They compete with each other so it's hard to tell. Is is a LPFM or something from B.C? Just curious.

That's KARI's FM translator. They've been on for a while....

KARI AM550 in Blaine has a translator at 95.7 that probably drifts down into at least N Bellingham. That is likely what you are hearing.

Way Broadcasting launched this translator K239CY on 95.7 which simulcasts KARI 550, and K287CI on 105.3 which simulcasts KVRI 1600 back in December. Both operate with 45 watts from the now retired KLYN/KWPZ tower which is located spitting distance from the Canadian border directly south of Langley. The intended audience is the Fraser Valley in B.C. which both translators cover pretty decently. At my home in Aldergrove they have basically obliterated both KJR and KCMS.

Every AM station in Whatcom County now has an FM translator with the exception of KRPI 1550. Wonder how long before they jump on the bandwagon too.

Way Broadcasting launched this translator K239CY on 95.7 which simulcasts KARI 550, and K287CI on 105.3 which simulcasts KVRI 1600 back in December. Both operate with 45 watts from the now retired KLYN/KWPZ tower which is located spitting distance from the Canadian border directly south of Langley. The intended audience is the Fraser Valley in B.C. which both translators cover pretty decently. At my home in Aldergrove they have basically obliterated both KJR and KCMS.

Every AM station in Whatcom County now has an FM translator with the exception of KRPI 1550. Wonder how long before they jump on the bandwagon too.

Heck, every AM station in Whatcom, Skagit and Snohomish counties now has one! (With the KRPI exception, as you mentioned. And KWYZ, the Korean language station in Everett)

I figured, until I saw KARI had a new translator, I thought the other 95.7 was likely CFPW in Powell River. And now KVRI has a translator? Your FCC at work, AM revitalization...We're likely to lose more open channels here in Yakima in the near future thanks to CPs now granted for AM translators. Oh well.

Bellingham has big hills. And in Fairhaven (where I live), KARI booms in on 95.7. Drive east on Cornwall, past the high school and KJR-FM reappears again

Thanks everyone. One less station that I can listen to in my car.

I live in Nebraska and am a regular KZOK listener. I just stream it on my phone and bluetooth it to the stereo in my pickup. Maybe that's a solution for you - the stream sounds better than the FM in my opinion anyways

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom