• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

105.3 FM Spanish Religious

105.3 FM Spanish religious translator coming from Sugarland just came on the air yesterday. Over right near Hobby airport audio is decent not that great and it is fighting with another station pretty good. Got this info from someone else "temporary audio repeating from one of Hector's stations down in the valley. Waiting on customer to sign lease."

Last edited:
105.3 FM Spanish religious translator coming from Sugarland just came on the air yesterday. Over right near Hobby airport audio is decent not that great and it is fighting with another station pretty good. Got this info from someone else "temporary audio repeating from one of Hector's stations down in the valley. Waiting on customer to sign lease."

It’s K287BQ has a pending app to have similar to the former location as before. Right now it is broadcasting LA NUEVA somewhat listenable on The Northside by Fulton and Crosstimbers fighting with KTWL.

According to their Facebook page they’re are launching as LA CALIENTE on 105.3.

Coming soon says their page.

According to their Facebook page they’re are launching as LA CALIENTE on 105.3.

Coming soon says their page.

And where would the link the that page be found?

That Facebook page is pretty useless. Much of the info on it is way out of date.

I checked 105.3 near downtown on my drive home, and it was running La Nueva. Extremely low audio; obviously no one is paying any attention to what is being transmitted.

K241CO upgrade now on

File this under “who cares” but K241CO 96.1 (KSHJ translator in Jersey Village) is now running with its upgraded transmitter, 250 watts, up from a licensed 5 watts (which was probably more than they actually ran, as the old signal was about as feeble an FM signal as i’ve ever heard, outside of a Part 15.) Good signal strength at my Cy-Fair location; the old facility never made it to my house.

Coverage map here: https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=K241CO&service=FX&s=C

While the signal is improved, the audio is not—they are still using off-air pickup of the AM station, which is acceptable during the day, but at night all that is heard is a co-channel pileup of the various stations on 1430.

Edit to add: Meant to make this a new thread, but hit the wrong button.

That Facebook page is pretty useless. Much of the info on it is way out of date.

I checked 105.3 near downtown on my drive home, and it was running La Nueva. Extremely low audio; obviously no one is paying any attention to what is being transmitted.

The information about the new station was recently updated and yes ever since that happened the audio has gone very low

Made the change to LA CALIENTE a little bit after 7:30. First song was a BANDA SONG didn’t listen to it due to me arriving home at the same time.

Took a listen yesterday to check their coverage. Seems like 105.3 is covering what it's supposed to be covering. A lot of splatter in the North going back and forth with KTWL.

On a side note, it sounds like they hired the Mexican version of Bart Simpson as an on-air personality for the mid-day. What an annoying voice. No ads yet, but did hear what seems to be Narco music. My Spanish isn't very bueno, but marijuana is the same in English as it is in Spanish. Isn't this owned by a church?

Sampled "La Caliente" for a little while last night. They frequently give the 105.3 frequency, and occasionally also 102.5, which I am guessing is K273AL in the Humble area. Never heard a mention of 98.7, though that is indeed on the air.

Happened to land on La Calle 92.5 as they were cross promoting La Caliente, so both co-owned by Latino Broadcasting Corp.

Narco music!

More crap for the masses.

While a small percentage of regional Mexican music deals with drug traffic, remember that these are generally story songs about a lifestyle. If you want, you can find "touchy" lyrics in pretty much every form of contemporary music in every era.

Regional Mexican, which is actually a name imposed on a variety of genres of the authentic music of Mexico by non-Hispanic record retailers who, like you, did not understand the nuances, is the popular music of blue collar Mexico.

And the "corridos" are story songs, dating back to the Mexican Revolution 100 years ago when they were the popular way of telling news stories of the civil war. Since then, they have told the stories of all kinds of current events and concerns of the working class.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom