Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: WNTY 990-AM What happened to their signal?

  1. #11
    Hi Marc and everybody.The AM signal comes in ok here in Wallingford the last time I checked which was about a week ago.

    On the otherhand their FM signal comes in great here with great sound .My only problem is hearing the 60Hz buzz on their FM signal.

    The buzz reminds me of a poor ground on a turn table or a FM modulator powered by a bad wall wart power supply. .I hope their engineer scopes it out and find the cause of it.

    Other then that .Its a great oldies station .

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southington, Connecticut
    Posts
    9,587
    Quote Originally Posted by WPPCProductions View Post
    Hi Marc and everybody.The AM signal comes in ok here in Wallingford the last time I checked which was about a week ago.

    On the otherhand their FM signal comes in great here with great sound .My only problem is hearing the 60Hz buzz on their FM signal.

    The buzz reminds me of a poor ground on a turn table or a FM modulator powered by a bad wall wart power supply. .I hope their engineer scopes it out and find the cause of it.

    Other then that .Its a great oldies station .
    That buzz has been there for well over a year. It's on AM/FM and the feed on Tune-In. It's very noticeable during the play-by-play of the Blue Knights Football games on Friday Nights in the fall. The only time I don't notice it is on Sunday mornings during the Italian show when the programming is actually originating from the studios on Old Turnpike Road. In certain parts of the area I can pick up 1270-AM and there is no buzz.
    Brammy

    My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mpbramhall82

    My Retail Message Board: http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php

    My Writing Portfolio: https://www.Writing.Com/authors/slydogg

    Tune into The Freestyle Lives Show hosted by Richie Rich Sunday Nights 6PM-8PM (Eastern) on La Mega 101.7 (910) in Hartford, La Mega 94.9 (890) in Boston, and La Mega 95.1 (1400) in Lawrence.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    In certain parts of the area I can pick up 1270-AM and there is no buzz.
    There hasn't been any buzz around 1270-AM for decades.
    Plugged into the electric radio

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeRadioGuy View Post
    who on here but you cares? Why not email them and ask?
    But if we can't come here to ask about an AM radio station, signal etc then AM radio really is dead.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
    That buzz has been there for well over a year. It's on AM/FM and the feed on Tune-In. It's very noticeable during the play-by-play of the Blue Knights Football games on Friday Nights in the fall. The only time I don't notice it is on Sunday mornings during the Italian show when the programming is actually originating from the studios on Old Turnpike Road. In certain parts of the area I can pick up 1270-AM and there is no buzz.

    Thanks Marc for the info .I did not know about the buzz problem was heard that long.I first tuned in around Christmas time last December.

    Tonight" Sunday night" around 8:50 pm. Now I notice the FM side is dead air with a carrier in mono with no buzz at all.Did not check the AM side. Also I notice they off the air when I tuned in yesterday afternoon .They were fine yesterday morning when I was listening to Casey's AT40 show.

    I hope they get the bugs out of their system since its a nice station to listen too.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southington, Connecticut
    Posts
    9,587
    Quote Originally Posted by WPPCProductions View Post
    Thanks Marc for the info .I did not know about the buzz problem was heard that long.I first tuned in around Christmas time last December.

    Tonight" Sunday night" around 8:50 pm. Now I notice the FM side is dead air with a carrier in mono with no buzz at all.Did not check the AM side. Also I notice they off the air when I tuned in yesterday afternoon .They were fine yesterday morning when I was listening to Casey's AT40 show.

    I hope they get the bugs out of their system since its a nice station to listen too.
    They went down sometime between the end of AT40 at Noon Saturday and 1:20PM Saturday. At Noon My Mom and I arrived at the Meriden Mall. It was about 20 after 1 when we got back into the car and the station was off the air. Both the AM and FM were down. Initially the Tune-In feed was down as well, but that came back up sometime Saturday Night. Before work this morning I sent a Facebook Message to their Afternoon DJ Michael Maze and he responded that he would contact the engineer department. When I got out of work at 4PM I changed the radio to 96.1 and Kool Radio was back on. For anyone who cares you can call the engineering department at Full Power Radio in Bloomfield - 860-243-1115.
    Brammy

    My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mpbramhall82

    My Retail Message Board: http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php

    My Writing Portfolio: https://www.Writing.Com/authors/slydogg

    Tune into The Freestyle Lives Show hosted by Richie Rich Sunday Nights 6PM-8PM (Eastern) on La Mega 101.7 (910) in Hartford, La Mega 94.9 (890) in Boston, and La Mega 95.1 (1400) in Lawrence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123