• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Chicago Cubs Mascot & 7th Inning Stretch Question

KKLM

Frequent Participant
As many Chicago Cubs fans know, ever since Harry Carey's death in 1998, his task of singing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" has been taken over by guest conductors, But there is one Chicago Cubs personality who has not yet been able to do this task is 6 year old Chicago Cubs mascot bear cub... Clark The Cub. Ever since he was introduced back in January 2014, he has helped the team win their first World Series championship in many years. But however he hasn't had a chance to sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the 7th Inning Stretch. With the new Cubs season a couple of months away, Do you think Clark will finally get his chance to sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the 7th Inning Stretch? This could be a problem though as the person inside the Clark The Cub costume is not allowed to talk during airtime, What Cub staffers could do though is they could find a Cub fan in the bleachers who is just a little kid, and is a boy, and is also between the age of 1 to 12, and they could have him provide the vocals for Clark during the 7th Inning Stretch. What Do You Think? Reply Back A.S.A.P.

As many Chicago Cubs fans know, ever since Harry Carey's death in 1998, his task of singing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" has been taken over by guest conductors, But there is one Chicago Cubs personality who has not yet been able to do this task is 6 year old Chicago Cubs mascot bear cub... Clark The Cub. Ever since he was introduced back in January 2014, he has helped the team win their first World Series championship in many years. But however he hasn't had a chance to sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the 7th Inning Stretch. With the new Cubs season a couple of months away, Do you think Clark will finally get his chance to sing "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during the 7th Inning Stretch? This could be a problem though as the person inside the Clark The Cub costume is not allowed to talk during airtime, What Cub staffers could do though is they could find a Cub fan in the bleachers who is just a little kid, and is a boy, and is also between the age of 1 to 12, and they could have him provide the vocals for Clark during the 7th Inning Stretch. What Do You Think? Reply Back A.S.A.P.

I know months later, I don't know if there will lever give Clark the Bwar his due to sing, but the Cubs do have from having a live stretch singer, to on the video boards, where they have Harry Caray or anybody else that has been apart of the Cubs sing the stretch on the video boards. They do a lot show a video tape of Harry Caray which is old, and you can tell when you see WGN Sports in the background, since the Cubs don't always play on WGN TV. More recently during a Cubs and Braves game, they had Cookie Monster from Sesame Street singing Take Me out to the Ballgame. But other then that, they have a real life person doing the honors. I don't know of the Cubs who decides or books guest signers to sing the stretch, or if somebody decides at which Cubs games, they will show video of Harry Caray singing the stretch. If the person that plays Clark is not allowed to talk on the air, that will be a problem, as they talk a little but to get the crowd warmed up to sing. So I have my doubts that they will be able to do it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom