Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 56

Thread: Waiting to see - WABC, WNBM and W232AL-FM.

  1. #21
    Imagine what will happen after March 1st if people have a HD radio receiver

    WPLJ 95.5

    95.5 HD1--Main signal/K-LOVE

    103.9 WNBM

    103.9 HD1--Main signal/Radio 103.9
    103.9 HD2--94.3 WFAS (rebroadcast of its 94.3 translator in White Plains).

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Radi0411 View Post
    According to Radio-Locator (if the information is current & accurate), it seems as though this translator will be picking up WNSH either as the primary offering OR via one of its HD channels which I believe they currently have an HD-2 and HD-3 vacant with a religious group on the HD-4... Could this be an indication of what is to come of 94.3 with the official end of WFAS too??

    https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/fi...=Y&s=C&x=0&y=0
    Radio-Locator has always incorrectly listed it as relaying a subchannel of 94.7, so no that is not accurate.

    They never built the CP to move to Rockland, it’s still on the AM/old FM 103.9 tower.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southington, Connecticut
    Posts
    9,587
    Quote Originally Posted by madooputtus View Post
    Imagine what will happen after March 1st if people have a HD radio receiver

    WPLJ 95.5

    95.5 HD1--Main signal/K-LOVE

    103.9WNBM

    103.9 HD1--Main signal/Radio 103.9
    103.9 HD2--94.3 WFAS (rebroadcast of its 94.3 translator in White Plains).
    WPLJ 95.5 will be on the air until late Spring early summer. K-LOVE won't be taking over until the sale closes. The only thing happening on March 1st is Entercom will be taking over operations of 94.7 WNSH in the NYC Market, 94.7 WMAS in the Springfield market, etc. Entercom will operate the stations, but technically they will still be owned by Cumulus until late spring/early summer when the sale closes.
    Brammy

    My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mpbramhall82

    My Retail Message Board: http://amesfanclub.com/forum/index.php

    My Writing Portfolio: https://www.Writing.Com/authors/slydogg

    Tune into The Freestyle Lives Show hosted by Richie Rich Sunday Nights 6PM-8PM (Eastern) on La Mega 101.7 (910) in Hartford, La Mega 94.9 (890) in Boston, and La Mega 95.1 (1400) in Lawrence.

  4. #24
    The CP for the 94.3 translator in Rockland County expired. But there is another one that replaced it, which would use the Armstrong tower in Alpine, NJ.
    Perhaps that one would be built if Cumulus sold off their site in Hartsdale, NY, which is currently being used to broadcast 'FAS 94.3.

    94.3 CP: https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pa...service=FX&s=C

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The CP for the 94.3 translator in Rockland County expired. But there is another one that replaced it, which would use the Armstrong tower in Alpine, NJ.
    Perhaps that one would be built if Cumulus sold off their site in Hartsdale, NY, which is currently being used to broadcast 'FAS 94.3.

    94.3 CP: https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pa...service=FX&s=C
    WFAS/1230 still uses the Secor Road tower in Hartsdale and runs CBS Sports Radio.

  6. #26
    But what happens if Cumulus decides to sell WFAS 1230 to someone else? Would a new buyer also buy WNBM as well?

  7. #27
    The one thing no one has brought up yet is the land under WABC's tower in Lodi NJ. Cumulus has spent the last few years selling tower land in LA and DC. Those sales have netted over $170 million. If they in fact own the tower land in Lodi, they won't be selling WABC until after they sell that land. Because that land is worth more than the station.

  8. #28
    They could sell the station without the land. In fact, they could sell just the license if they wanted, keeping the "WABC," format, etc. (Basically selling the frequency.) But I think that they will hold onto everything for now. WABC probably makes money for the company, even if it's more-or-less a stand alone AM.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    WABC probably makes money for the company, even if it's more-or-less a stand alone AM.
    I get all that, but my point is that in discussing the value of the station, let's not forget the tower land.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    I get all that, but my point is that in discussing the value of the station, let's not forget the tower land.
    Would it make sense to build around the tower in a manner similar to what was done at WSB's transmitter?
    Plugged into the electric radio

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123