• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

EMF Buys WPLJ/New York, WYAY/Atlanta, WRQX/D.C., More From Cumulus

94.7 The Drive is a classic hits station. So will it stay the same? Is another station getting the old Mix format and the rest of the staff?

When I looked at Wikipedia's description of the station I thought that looked a lot like WBIG. I really have lost track since my library stopped getting the Post. I just quit keeping up with what was happening in DC. WBIG has been classic rock for years.

94.7 The Drive is a classic hits station. So will it stay the same? Is another station getting the old Mix format and the rest of the staff?

I don't see The Drive changing formats unless ratings get really poor, but who knows. Still no word on where/if the Mix IP will resurface, but from what Jack Diamond had said on the air apparently something is in the works.

I don't see The Drive changing formats unless ratings get really poor, but who knows. Still no word on where/if the Mix IP will resurface, but from what Jack Diamond had said on the air apparently something is in the works.
Or perhaps Jack Diamond and friends will start playing the songs Mix used to play. After all, look what happened when WRQX went off the air.

Or perhaps Jack Diamond and friends will start playing the songs Mix used to play. After all, look what happened when WRQX went off the air.

What would've been a great move would have been to rearrange the existing airstaff at The Drive in order to bring Jack Diamond & co. in for mornings. Obviously this is much easier said than done, but I think bringing his show to The Drive would have brought a bunch of traffic to the station and boost ratings.

What would've been a great move would have been to rearrange the existing airstaff at The Drive in order to bring Jack Diamond & co. in for mornings. Obviously this is much easier said than done, but I think bringing his show to The Drive would have brought a bunch of traffic to the station and boost ratings.

In 25-54 averaging January to March, The Drive's morning show was ranked ahead of WRQX. I don't see why The Drive would want to mess with its existing formula which was ahead of WRQX.

Who is now joined by Corrina Delgado, also formerly of Mix.

And that would seem to indicate that they want to build their own show, not change it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom