Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: EMF Buys WPLJ/New York, WYAY/Atlanta, WRQX/D.C., More From Cumulus

Wouldn't surprise me if Drive moves from 94.7 to 99.1 with the "Mix" IP and format reappearing on 94.7.

I also wouldn't be completely surprised if 95.5 WPGC relocates to 99.1 MHz to make room for the "Mix" IP and format @ 95.5 MHz.

Under either scenario, I could see Bloomberg Radio programming landing at 107.9 MHz or AM 1580.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post

Under either scenario, I could see Bloomberg Radio programming landing at 107.9 MHz or AM 1580.

Bloomberg is a keep-the-transmitter-warm format that should never get anywhere near the FM band.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post

I also wouldn't be completely surprised if 95.5 WPGC relocates to 99.1 MHz to make room for the "Mix" IP and format @ 95.5 MHz.
    You seem to like blowing things up. That is the absolute last step a company makes. And they're not any lucrative format to 99.1.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    You seem to like blowing things up. That is the absolute last step a company makes. And they're not any lucrative format to 99.1.
    The LMA on WDCH-FM has to be ending soon. I think it will be interesting what Entercom will do there anyway, being it has a signal that covers Baltimore and DC.

If Entercom does buy the IP, I think El Zol would be the one on the chopping block. At the same time, though, I don't know if they'd actually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by AceBiscuits View Post
    The LMA on WDCH-FM has to be ending soon. I think it will be interesting what Entercom will do there anyway, being it has a signal that covers Baltimore and DC.
    In a practical sense it BARELY covers either, but comes closer to Baltimore. If you think it's such a great signal, perhaps the deal is for Entercom to trade it to EMF for WRQX (plus some money). Or trade it to Salem for WAVA. But I think everyone knows this signal is a dog.
    Last edited by TheBigA; 05-15-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    If you think it's such a great signal, perhaps the deal is for Entercom to trade it to EMF for WRQX (plus some money). Or trade it to Salem for WAVA. But I think everyone knows this signal is a dog.
    I'm not suggesting that it's a great signal or that such a deal should take place. Personally, I don't see why Entercom would bother buying the IP or even try their hand at Hot AC in DC again. But if they did, I certainly think that if they were going forwards with such a deal that El Zol would be the one cut. I'm surprised it has lasted this long to be honest.

I'm surprised it has lasted this long to be honest.
    Do you live in DC? There are lots of Spanish speaking people, and this station pretty much has a monopoly on them.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    I'm not suggesting that it's a great signal or that such a deal should take place. Personally, I don't see why Entercom would bother buying the IP or even try their hand at Hot AC in DC again. But if they did, I certainly think that if they were going forwards with such a deal that El Zol would be the one cut. I'm surprised it has lasted this long to be honest.
    Zol bills quite well, as DC is a must buy on most Hispanic campaigns. It has billing in the same range as stations like WWDC-FM and WMMJ and WMZQ... a good performer and not an expensive format to run. The market is 15% Hispanic and there is, for all practical purposes, no competitor.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Just saw this at the Houston site:

Quote Originally Posted by Mediafrog+ View Post
    Saw that Salem is selling WSPZ in Washington, D.C. Various reports have said the company is trimming non-strategic assets.
    Earlier in this thread I posted a report from DCRTV that Entercom has been speaking with Salem about WAVA.

Salem bought 570 in Bethesda from Snyder/Red Zebra in 2017 to upgrade the signal of the WWRC 'Answer' Conservative talk format which was on 1260. They decided not to program anything new on 1260, simulcasting WAVA-FM. So selling 1260 isn't really trimming an active asset, just unloading an unneeded station that was replaced with a superior facility (at a premium price). Salem bought 570 for $2.1M while unloading 1260 for $750K. Seems like they're committed to The Answer format and its associated brokered programming in DC.

I haven't seen a report anywhere yet that would support the DCRTV WAVA-FM rumor.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456