Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PLJ SOLD

I understand but at least put the PLJ calls on 103.9 or something its heritage calls.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle13 View Post
    I understand but at least put the PLJ calls on 103.9 or something its heritage calls.
    The all-new:
    Where People Love Jesus
    Ai4i has Always Been on the Trailing Edge of Technology!

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    The all-new:
    Where People Love Jesus
    Excellent!
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle13 View Post
    Why? Those calls long ago lost any equity.
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by ai4i View Post
    The all-new:
    Where People Love Jesus
    EMF kept the WCCC calls on the classic rock station it bought and flipped in Hartford. "Wow, Christ Christ Christ!"

NEW 102.7 is going to clean up big time in the ratings later this year.

If they acquire half or close to half of PLJ's current share, when added to 102.7's current numbers, that will make 102.7 a very significant player!

I suspect Country will stay on 94.7. I cannot see Entercom swapping 94.7's format with those currently found on 92.3 or 101.9; they would be worse off by making such a move. Will Entercom try to pull some strings to move 94.7's TX site to Manhattan?

It's their own fault, they had so many chances to fill either the Alternative or Active Rock void over the years, when Krock and WNEW went away. For some reason, they would not budge from that stale format they kept brewing...I feel bad for the listeners to loose something they love, when there are so many urban formats that could of went bye bye. Why not put NASH on that big signal.

Quote Originally Posted by lawman View Post
    Why not put NASH on that big signal.
    Nash's slightly suburban signal is perfect for country. When you add in the coverage that an ESB transmitter would give, you don't add that many potential country listeners.

Nash is just as big a signal as the ESB FMs. It's a full class B with a higher power and lower height, but in theory covers just as large an area. The issue is where the transmitter is placed.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
    Will Entercom try to pull some strings to move 94.7's TX site to Manhattan?
    As I said in the other thread, the fact that they also received WMAS 94.7 in the trade indicates they intend to make some adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    As I said in the other thread, the fact that they also received WMAS 94.7 in the trade indicates they intend to make some adjustments.
    Both were previously owned by Cumulus, and you'd assume that were there some kind of possible adjustment to be made, they would have done it already.

Let's hope Scott Fybush adds some perspective here, as it is not just 94.7 but the adjacent channels that affect any move.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast