Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: PLJ SOLD

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I find it interesting that the owners of the Russian broadcast feel it is worthwhile to operate on an HD subchannel, without a translator that would make it receivable on an ordinary radio. Apparently they have a number of on-air personalities.
    While it of course also streams online, the station's website emphasizes the HD frequency. Perhaps this is an indication that many of the radios on newer cars now have HD capability.
    This is more like the pre-HD time when many ethnic broadcasters leased SCA channels. The listeners acquired or rented SCA receivers. Today, listeners of highly specialized HD formats will make the outlay for an HD radio to hear programming of that sort.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Perhaps this is an indication that many of the radios on newer cars now have HD capability.
    If people want something bad enough, they'll buy the radio. I know some fans of certain foreign language broadcasts will jump through hoops to hear their show.

For those of you in the NYC area, I'm curious what will replace your 95.5 preset.

The radio in my vehicle has 3 FM bands with 6 presets each. FM2 is where I keep my pop-format presets, PLJ, Z100, CBS-FM, WNEW, KTU and Lite-FM.

There's not going to be another pop station to take PLJ's place so I might replace it with WSOU. Either that or I'll move WQXR onto the freed-up FM2 button and add WSOU to FM3 where I keep my "others".

Either way, it looks like a pickup for WSOU. Not really my go-to format but fun to check out occasionally.

I am replacing it with 105.5 WDHA

Quote Originally Posted by Theater of My Mind View Post
    For those of you in the NYC area, I'm curious what will replace your 95.5 preset.

The radio in my vehicle has 3 FM bands with 6 presets each. FM2 is where I keep my pop-format presets, PLJ, Z100, CBS-FM, WNEW, KTU and Lite-FM.

There's not going to be another pop station to take PLJ's place so I might replace it with WSOU. Either that or I'll move WQXR onto the freed-up FM2 button and add WSOU to FM3 where I keep my "others".

Either way, it looks like a pickup for WSOU. Not really my go-to format but fun to check out occasionally.
    I think I will switch a preset to 95.5 to give something new a try. I was looking for a preset to replace WFUV which every time I tune-in is something other than Alternative.

There is very little keeping me from turning on streaming other than WXPK which I always check first especially if I am too lazy to plug-in the phone. If I do not like what I am hearing I give Alt 92.3 a shot, then CBS-FM, 104.3 or WRKI lastly 102.7, 94.7 and if that does not work then I make sure the phone is connected for streaming. WFUV used to be the first or second stop but I essentially stopped checking for reasons mentioned.

CBS FM WAS my go to choice when scott and todd went off the air anyway, so that it will stay. although now, I prefer XM's 5 and 6 channel for a little more variety.

Interesting that mr.sniffer, the supposed radio expert, doesn't know why Todd, or any of the current on air staff was at the PLJ party.
    Guess he didn't hear that Todd isn't very well liked among the staff, and apparently had most of the loyal scott people ousted before he went after scott himself.

https://radioink.com/2019/05/09/what...-call-letters/

And now theres talks on the WPLJ Call letters future on May 31st as EMF takes over 95.5FM New York. This is also the same speculation over possible call letter changes at play for the other Cumulus Owned stations going to EMF and Meruelo (KLOS Los Angeles) is going to Meruelo Inc.

My understanding is that Todd actually lives in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    CBS FM WAS my go to choice when scott and todd went off the air anyway, so that it will stay. although now, I prefer XM's 5 and 6 channel for a little more variety.

Interesting that mr.sniffer, the supposed radio expert, doesn't know why Todd, or any of the current on air staff was at the PLJ party.
    Guess he didn't hear that Todd isn't very well liked among the staff, and apparently had most of the loyal scott people ousted before he went after scott himself.

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233