Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PLJ SOLD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PLJ SOLD

From ALLACCESS

https://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...wrqx-d-c-more-

"EDUCATIONAL MEDIA FOUNDATION is buying Hot AC WPLJ/NEW YORK, News-Talk WYAY/GAINESVILLE, GA-ATLANTA, Hot AC WRQX (MIX 107.3)/WASHINGTON, Triple A KFFG/LOS ALTOS-SAN JOSE, Hot AC WZAT (102.1 THE SOUND)/TYBEE ISLAND, GA-SAVANNAH, and Classic Rock WXTL (THE REBEL 105.9)/SYRACUSE from CUMULUS MEDIA INC. for $103.5 million."
    Radio station employee...<br />Amateur photographer...<br />Cat slave...<br />Sarcasm expert...<br />Annual USA visitor...

Not another Christian Caster in New York....PUH-LEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by BJSteigner View Post
    Not another Christian Caster in New York....PUH-LEASE!!
    well....let's see - since it's EMF involved....plus Entercom acquiring Nash 94.7 (which has a history as a Christian "caster").....

Quote Originally Posted by andreajesus View Post
    well....let's see - since it's EMF involved....plus Entercom acquiring Nash 94.7 (which has a history as a Christian "caster").....
    Perhaps there's something I'm just not remembering...but at age 60 and with the first time I set foot inside a radio station at age 5, that's the first I recall ever hearing about Entercom being a Christian broadcaster. Can you ( or perhaps Mr. Eduardo) offer greater background on that?

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ma Gee View Post
    Perhaps there's something I'm just not remembering...but at age 60 and with the first time I set foot inside a radio station at age 5, that's the first I recall ever hearing about Entercom being a Christian broadcaster. Can you ( or perhaps Mr. Eduardo) offer greater background on that?
    I think the reference is not to Entercom but to the former 94.7 owner, Family Stations.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Indeed.

Reading interpretation is apparently not a long suit of mine.

94.7 History

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

I think the reference is not to Entercom but to the former 94.7 owner, Family Stations.
    David, I was.... - 94.7 had a LONG history as a Family Radio station....so naturally I would NOT be surprised if they go back to a Christian format....

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Gee View Post
    Entercom does NOT have a history with the Christian format....

I've only listened to WPLJ & WRQX over the Internet but from what I know of them, K-LOVE will NEVER fly on those frequencies
    Pat Cook, KB0OXD (Ham Radio Callsign)

Quote Originally Posted by JeeperOne View Post
    I've only listened to WPLJ & WRQX over the Internet but from what I know of them, K-LOVE will NEVER fly on those frequencies
    Just like the Honey Badger, K-LOVE don't care.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast