• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

PLJ SOLD

I find it interesting that the owners of the Russian broadcast feel it is worthwhile to operate on an HD subchannel, without a translator that would make it receivable on an ordinary radio. Apparently they have a number of on-air personalities.
While it of course also streams online, the station's website emphasizes the HD frequency. Perhaps this is an indication that many of the radios on newer cars now have HD capability.

This is more like the pre-HD time when many ethnic broadcasters leased SCA channels. The listeners acquired or rented SCA receivers. Today, listeners of highly specialized HD formats will make the outlay for an HD radio to hear programming of that sort.

Perhaps this is an indication that many of the radios on newer cars now have HD capability.

If people want something bad enough, they'll buy the radio. I know some fans of certain foreign language broadcasts will jump through hoops to hear their show.

For those of you in the NYC area, I'm curious what will replace your 95.5 preset.

The radio in my vehicle has 3 FM bands with 6 presets each. FM2 is where I keep my pop-format presets, PLJ, Z100, CBS-FM, WNEW, KTU and Lite-FM.

There's not going to be another pop station to take PLJ's place so I might replace it with WSOU. Either that or I'll move WQXR onto the freed-up FM2 button and add WSOU to FM3 where I keep my "others".

Either way, it looks like a pickup for WSOU. Not really my go-to format but fun to check out occasionally.

For those of you in the NYC area, I'm curious what will replace your 95.5 preset.

The radio in my vehicle has 3 FM bands with 6 presets each. FM2 is where I keep my pop-format presets, PLJ, Z100, CBS-FM, WNEW, KTU and Lite-FM.

There's not going to be another pop station to take PLJ's place so I might replace it with WSOU. Either that or I'll move WQXR onto the freed-up FM2 button and add WSOU to FM3 where I keep my "others".

Either way, it looks like a pickup for WSOU. Not really my go-to format but fun to check out occasionally.

I think I will switch a preset to 95.5 to give something new a try. I was looking for a preset to replace WFUV which every time I tune-in is something other than Alternative.

There is very little keeping me from turning on streaming other than WXPK which I always check first especially if I am too lazy to plug-in the phone. If I do not like what I am hearing I give Alt 92.3 a shot, then CBS-FM, 104.3 or WRKI lastly 102.7, 94.7 and if that does not work then I make sure the phone is connected for streaming. WFUV used to be the first or second stop but I essentially stopped checking for reasons mentioned.

CBS FM WAS my go to choice when scott and todd went off the air anyway, so that it will stay. although now, I prefer XM's 5 and 6 channel for a little more variety.

Interesting that mr.sniffer, the supposed radio expert, doesn't know why Todd, or any of the current on air staff was at the PLJ party.
Guess he didn't hear that Todd isn't very well liked among the staff, and apparently had most of the loyal scott people ousted before he went after scott himself.

My understanding is that Todd actually lives in Texas

CBS FM WAS my go to choice when scott and todd went off the air anyway, so that it will stay. although now, I prefer XM's 5 and 6 channel for a little more variety.

Interesting that mr.sniffer, the supposed radio expert, doesn't know why Todd, or any of the current on air staff was at the PLJ party.
Guess he didn't hear that Todd isn't very well liked among the staff, and apparently had most of the loyal scott people ousted before he went after scott himself.

The current midday and afternoon hosts were on the list as being at the party.

A new liner last hour said, starting at 9am Thursday, many of the former PLJ DJs will be 'rotating' the entire day. The montage list did include Scott Shannon (previously omitted from some liners) and Jim Kerr, among over a dozen names.

Funnily, the V/O also said, "radio geeks, get your tape recorders ready!"...I've been recording PLJ nonstop since last week, lol.

A new liner last hour said, starting at 9am Thursday, many of the former PLJ DJs will be 'rotating' the entire day. The montage list did include Scott Shannon (previously omitted from some liners) and Jim Kerr, among over a dozen names.

Funnily, the V/O also said, "radio geeks, get your tape recorders ready!"...I've been recording PLJ nonstop since last week, lol.

Have to ask, did you record Bill Ayers’ last show? I happened to call in.

I'm hearing ads for WNEW/102.7 on PLJ. Along the lines on "thanks to PLJ, but on June 1 you'll be looking for a new radio station and we hope you'll give us a try."

I believe that in comparison with PLJ, WNEW plays more alternative rock hits, in place of older pop tunes. Is that correct?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom