• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Lite FM... what to expect for fist non-holiday book.

DavidEduardo

Moderator/Administrator
Staff member
Folks in the industry that are subscribed to the PPM are looking at the average of the first two weekly results of January.

Apparently, WLIT is in a virtual tie for third in 25-54 with WDRV, right behind WOJO and WTMX.

MeTV FM is consistent around 25th in rank in the same demo per what I am hearing.

but what demo are they ALL going after? and then you can't write WLS-FM off either - cos' they gotta be in there somewhere among the 25-54s - their numbers have been pretty good....

but what demo are they ALL going after? and then you can't write WLS-FM off either - cos' they gotta be in there somewhere among the 25-54s - their numbers have been pretty good....

WLIT is obviously targeting 35-54.

And my guess is that WLS-FM will drop out of the top 10 in January in 25-54 after being in the top 5 just before the December and Holiday books.

Last edited:

That is what I would have to imagine since the only big station that they have to compete against is 87.7 Me TV FM

That is what I would have to imagine since the only big station that they have to compete against is 87.7 Me TV FM

MeTV FM does not target 35-44. It is pretty much a 55+ station, with the core being 65 and over. The proof is that WLIT has not affected that station at all with the "early returns" from its new format variant.

WLIT competes with WLS-FM as well as the upper end of WTMX, WDRV, WBBM, WSCR and even stations like WVAZ and WOJO in its target.

Looking at the last three months (pre-Holiday) of the "old" AC format variant of WLIT, we see the sharing, in descending order, is with:

WTMX, WBBM-FM, WKSC, WLS-FM, WSHE, WKQX, WDRV, WBMX, WSCR, WBBM, WUSN, WEBG, WGCI, WVAZ, WOJO and WGN. Those are all "big" stations.

Last edited:

MeTV FM does not target 35-44. It is pretty much a 55+ station, with the core being 65 and over. The proof is that WLIT has not affected that station at all with the "early returns" from its new format variant.

WLIT competes with WLS-FM as well as the upper end of WTMX, WDRV, WBBM, WSCR and even stations like WVAZ and WOJO in its target.

Looking at the last three months (pre-Holiday) of the "old" AC format variant of WLIT, we see the sharing, in descending order, is with:

WTMX, WBBM-FM, WKSC, WLS-FM, WSHE, WKQX, WDRV, WBMX, WXER, WBBM, WUSN, WEBG, WGCI, WVAZ, WOJO and WGN. Those are all "big" stations.

I don't know how you figure wait competes with WSCR when they are two different formats, WLIT is a music station and WSCR is sports talk

I don't know how you figure wait competes with WSCR when they are two different formats, WLIT is a music station and WSCR is sports talk

The idea that only stations that play similar music compete is in error.

There are only and always 100 shares of audience. For one station to go up, another goes down.

And the average listener in PPM markets is proven to listen to or hear 6 stations over a single week’s time. Generally, the stations shared with are not identical... an AC listener may also cume CHR or perhaps listen to sports or news and talk. m@ny AC listeners share with country stations.

In any case, the list I offered is right out of the PPM data.

Subway competes with Taco Bell for the same lunchtime customer with what's basically a different product.

And the average listener in PPM markets is proven to listen to or hear 6 stations over a single week’s time.

Exactly. Using myself as an example, if you check my pre-sets in my car, you'll find a sports talk station, and several genres of music. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that.

Exactly. Using myself as an example, if you check my pre-sets in my car, you'll find a sports talk station, and several genres of music. I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that.

And if you are like a lot of listeners, you have several favorites, and listening to each varies week to week.

And if you are like a lot of listeners, you have several favorites, and listening to each varies week to week.

Although unlike most listeners I don't have a regular commute or routine that I follow. And I have, on occasion, just hit the search button until something good catches my ear. That would drive a PPM crazy. But I know very few people use the search function.

Although unlike most listeners I don't have a regular commute or routine that I follow. And I have, on occasion, just hit the search button until something good catches my ear. That would drive a PPM crazy. But I know very few people use the search function.

Who that is a lot of information about you, that I am sure is not anything that we need to know

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom