• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Why should I invest in IOT application development?

• Thread starter David_radiohead
  • Start date
D

David_radiohead

Over the last few years, the Internet of Things has come to the forefront, with sensors and actuators becoming more common. Elevators, cars, trains, planes, floors, pipelines – they can all be connected – sharing crucial information on their condition or use.

There are already over 29 billion things connected, and recording, and processing data. Which is why the IoT is well on its way to generating $11 trillion in economic activity by 2025.

What do you think about it?

Over the last few years, the Internet of Things has come to the forefront, with sensors and actuators becoming more common. Elevators, cars, trains, planes, floors, pipelines – they can all be connected – sharing crucial information on their condition or use.

There are already over 29 billion things connected, and recording, and processing data. Which is why the IoT is well on its way to generating $11 trillion in economic activity by 2025.

What do you think about it?

I think you'd be way ahead of the game.

IoT offers some of the same opportunities I benefited from in early 1993 when investing 24K in AOL (sold in late 1999).

There is also the potential here for backlash.

Many items you mentioned are already connected and have been for years. A service company we have a contract with monitors the elevators in my apt house. One of their techs pointed out that if a customer is late paying or his “boss” just wants to generate a service call they can program a failure into one of more of the units by remote access.

Much more pernicious is the monitoring of personal behavior. That is the one most likely to prompt resentment and legislation that will limit profit potential. This is already being implemented in parts of Europe and its time is (hopefully) coming here as the tech become more entwined into out lives.

So invest, but keep an eye open for signs the tech is being abused and arousing public anger.

A targeted ETF is the safest route.

LCG

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom