• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Norman Goldman announces his his ending his talk show

I wasn't aware old this until a mention of it was made in a Facebook group, that last night Norman Goldman announced on his show that he is ending his syndicated talk show. If you didn't hear you can hear it via a podcast at his home page at https://www.normangoldman.com . You can listen to the first hour of his show for free commercial free, other then that yo have to pay to hear the rest of his podcast. I am not aware of when his final show will be, so listen as much as you can or keep listening to see when his last show is.

Only 7 affiliates, all on AM broadcasting an evening show. His affiliates have a combined 10,450 watts. 10,950 if you include those with FM translators.

He was basically doing a podcast anyway.

Most of AM radio is dead and Political Talk Radio is following suit for the next generation.

The 18-35 don't care about Political Talk Radio.

Limbaugh ratings are way down, that's why he's been off the I-Heart power stations for years.

WLS AM is pulling a 1.1 share, 26th in the market.
They're trying Ben Shapiro for afternoons, we'll see what happens but I bet they won't move much.

In Los Angels KEIB is pulling a .7 share.

The biggest difference is Norm did not have big pocket supporters to keep him a float.
Fox N*ws has lost most of their ad dollars and are using the cable subscription fees to keep them afloat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom