Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Delmarva Broadcasting Sold to Forever Media

  1. #11
    I always thought that their "news/talk" station in Lewes DE should share some programming with WDEL, especially at night and on the weekend. Between both stations, they covered the entire state. I think a statewide show, especially about Dover politics, could work.

    Or even do an hour of "Delware's Evening News" that would simulcast.

  2. #12
    They were doing that for a little while with Rick Jensen. Im not sure when it stopped. I guess it didn't work.

  3. #13
    atthestars- Yeah WDEL 101.7 has modest coverage into Wilmington, but I know from driving around there that it's spotty in some areas. Broadcasting only in mono helps get the most out of the signal but it's not the best.

    You know now that I think about it- call me crazy- but what about something like "The River 101.7" playing oft A/C kinda like the breeze. Seeing as how the 101.7 signal is mostly thrown to the fishes in the delaware river- it could maybe work. If I was forever media- i'd leave well enough alone for now. If they feel the need to flip- they probably will down the road.

    (I still like the river idea though so hey forever media- call me up)
    Host on Rowan Radio 89.7 WGLS-FM

    Radio DX'er- using Grundig Sat. 750, Tecsun PL-880

  4. #14
    Why did 101.7 become a simulcast of 1150 in the first place? Poor ratings as Kiss?

    ixnay

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Betw Hazleton and Pottsville PA ; Allentown closest market
    Posts
    1,612
    @ @TheStars :

    I second your WDSD comment about their signal. True, it's usually just on Tropo days, but I've heard them twice here north of Pottsville on such occasions, once in Queens NY, and once very loud on Long Island.

    https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pa...DSD&service=FM

    I live at the 'd' in the bold radio-locator atop the map. WDSD has an incredibly fortunate signal, tropo or no tropo. With little effort they cover parts of four states. With that signal and their decades-long tradition of being Country, one has to believe that WDSD would tend to cow (pun intended) any new competition.

    * * * * * * *

    Making some noise up this way is Hanna-FM. They're a class A station located virtually at Danville PA, on the SusqueHANNA. They're WHNA 92.3. The format is a slick, modern, hugely-up tempo mix of songs from the late 60's to maybe the 90's. All the genres are covered ... pop, rock and roll, disco, some hair-band stuff and AoR hits. They're a terrific listen in the car.
    Imagine a station playing, in the same set, The Sunshine Company and Bad Company. !?!?!

    Perhaps a station down that way in search of a format might want to tune in their stream.
    http://hannaradio.com/

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ixnay View Post
    Why did 101.7 become a simulcast of 1150 in the first place? Poor ratings as Kiss?
    I think it was because 1) many AM stations were looking for FM counterparts/translators, etc. The 101.7 was a good fit and 2) the signal isn't that great in Wilmington. (If you do a quick look on Radio-Locator, when you pull up "Wilmington DE," 101.7 isn't even on the list!) I can't image a station with that signal, with no decent sized city in the primary coverage area, could make much money -- especially as an urban.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Green NEPA View Post
    @ @TheStars :

    Making some noise up this way is Hanna-FM. They're a class A station located virtually at Danville PA, on the SusqueHANNA. They're WHNA 92.3. The format is a slick, modern, hugely-up tempo mix of songs from the late 60's to maybe the 90's. All the genres are covered ... pop, rock and roll, disco, some hair-band stuff and AoR hits. They're a terrific listen in the car.
    Imagine a station playing, in the same set, The Sunshine Company and Bad Company. !?!?!

    Perhaps a station down that way in search of a format might want to tune in their stream.
    http://hannaradio.com/
    Their website sucks. They still have stories on the main page that the 4th of July Parade needs volunteers and that NORAD is tracking Santa!

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by AMRocks View Post
    I think it was because 1) many AM stations were looking for FM counterparts/translators, etc. The 101.7 was a good fit and 2) the signal isn't that great in Wilmington. (If you do a quick look on Radio-Locator, when you pull up "Wilmington DE," 101.7 isn't even on the list!) I can't image a station with that signal, with no decent sized city in the primary coverage area, could make much money -- especially as an urban.
    According to FCCdata.org, there is going to be a translator on 101.5 that will cover Wilmington. I wonder if this would cause any interference to 101.7.......

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Philly-ish
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by ixnay View Post
    Why did 101.7 become a simulcast of 1150 in the first place? Poor ratings as Kiss?

    ixnay
    It wasn't owned by Delmarva when it was Kiss. When Delmarva purchased 101.7, they immediately flipped it from Kiss to a simulcast of WDEL

  10. #20
    WDEL has much better coverage on WSTW HD2, then on 101.7, it is like a local here in Philly. Same as the Spanish format on 96.9, its like a local here on WJBR HD3. I know 96.9 is going to move from WJBR's tower across Naamans road to that fairly new tall one in WSTW's parking lot, so I guess they are now owned by the WSTW folks...Speaking of those folks, did Country 103.7 ever move from the tower on the banks of the Susquehanna to the old 1330 AM facility, weren't they on their many moons ago before country...
    Last edited by lawman; 02-08-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123