Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHBO AM (Sports Talk 1040) sold?

WHBO AM (Sports Talk 1040) sold?

From Rock Riley's Twitter:

"We’ll guys, won’t be on the air talkin to ya today on @SportsTalkFLA Our station has new ownership and hopefully I’ll be back with ya soon."

mostly St. Petersburg,FL (2nd listening post is extreme eastern Hernando county Florida)
    With WHBO’s new directional pattern, tower location (and I believe lower power at night), it seems as though they have given up on s.e. St. Pete and the downtown area and I’ve pretty well given up on them; the nighttime signal is no longer listenable in a large area of St. Pete; I believe new owners have a challenge to improve the programming and signal.

I did see where both WHBO and WWBA 820 did broadcast the Super Bowl yesterday for those that could not be near a TV.

More here: https://radioinsight.com/headlines/1...ommunications/

Bubba is on the move as well, moving from mornings on WWBA to WHBO.

The station is also adding more shows from CBS Sports Network

Looks like Rock Riley is moving over to WWBA.

Did Bubba ever show up at WHLO to do the morning show? It's been a couple months since that was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
    Did Bubba ever show up at WHLO to do the morning show? It's been a couple months since that was announced.
    Why would he ever show up at WHLO,
    a news/talk station in Akron, OH?

Quote Originally Posted by Yabadabado1 View Post
    Why would he ever show up at WHLO,
    a news/talk station in Akron, OH?
    Typo. WHBO. Did Bubba ever show up at WHBO?

Answering my own question...Bubba did show up at WHBO but it appears that he's only on from 8-10AM rather than typical 6-10AM...

I agree with drt that WHBO's night signal is really poor. Day signal with 3600 watts isn't all that great either since the sticks are located NW of St. Petersburg and the power goes west from there into the Atlantic.

According to news reports as of yesterday, Bubba is no longer on WHBO. They couldn't reach a deal.

Byron
    Don't go around acting like the world owes you a favor. It was here first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast