• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WHBO AM (Sports Talk 1040) sold?

From Rock Riley's Twitter:

"We’ll guys, won’t be on the air talkin to ya today on @SportsTalkFLA Our station has new ownership and hopefully I’ll be back with ya soon."

With WHBO’s new directional pattern, tower location (and I believe lower power at night), it seems as though they have given up on s.e. St. Pete and the downtown area and I’ve pretty well given up on them; the nighttime signal is no longer listenable in a large area of St. Pete; I believe new owners have a challenge to improve the programming and signal.

I did see where both WHBO and WWBA 820 did broadcast the Super Bowl yesterday for those that could not be near a TV.

Answering my own question...Bubba did show up at WHBO but it appears that he's only on from 8-10AM rather than typical 6-10AM...

I agree with drt that WHBO's night signal is really poor. Day signal with 3600 watts isn't all that great either since the sticks are located NW of St. Petersburg and the power goes west from there into the Atlantic.

According to news reports as of yesterday, Bubba is no longer on WHBO. They couldn't reach a deal.

Byron

According to news reports as of yesterday, Bubba is no longer on WHBO. They couldn't reach a deal.

Byron

I wonder what theyre deal was... were they paying him and they wanted to give him a pay cut.. or was he getting ap cerntage of sales he and others made and they want to cut that percentage back?

I wonder what theyre deal was... were they paying him and they wanted to give him a pay cut.. or was he getting ap cerntage of sales he and others made and they want to cut that percentage back?

I was only hearing typical network spots on WHBO during Bubba's show when I heard it several weeks ago. Only local spot I recall was many spots for a local Ford dealer (Brandon?)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom