• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Can SOMEONE on here help me solve this puzzle?

bucwhyl

Banned
I am hearing a Spanish format by the name "La Nueva" on 92.9, 106.5, and both are tied to Radio One, because now it is also being heard 97.9 HD3. Do anyone know what is going on?

Got my answer elsewhere... No thanks!

I think La Nueva's from Houston... Maybe the ones in Dallas are rebroadcasting the Houston station?

Gentlemens, we are La Nueva in Dallas, Hispanic Family Christian Network, nothing to do with La Nueva in Houston we are leasing the HD3 from Radio One our format is Hispanic Christian music & talk shows rebroadcast in 106.5 FM and 92.9 FM.

Gentlemens, we are La Nueva in Dallas, Hispanic Family Christian Network, nothing to do with La Nueva in Houston we are leasing the HD3 from Radio One our format is Hispanic Christian music & talk shows rebroadcast in 106.5 FM and 92.9 FM.

I guess Radio One Dallas is really desperate for money. With all of their formats they could put on their HD channels,(Gospel "Praise", Classic R&B "Classix"), and instead they fill them with Asian and Spanish... SMH...

HD radio never really took off. The quality isn't even as good as Pandora, unless you're listening to HD1.

HD radio never really took off. The quality isn't even as good as Pandora, unless you're listening to HD1.

Wrong. Each HD channel can be given the amount of bandwidth the station desires, so the simulcast first channel can actually have less bandwidth than the HD2 channel if the station desires to do that.

I guess Radio One Dallas is really desperate for money. With all of their formats they could put on their HD channels,(Gospel "Praise", Classic R&B "Classix"), and instead they fill them with Asian and Spanish... SMH...

Those leased channels make money, while the general rule is that station-operated commercial formats do not make money unless they have an FM translator.

I agree about wanting to make money, money pleases the average person more than playing a certain genre of music and notmaking any. I guess they don't listen to their HD stations very often, assuming most people at Urban One don't speak Spanish or Asian languages.

Also most stations I've heard have HD1 sounding better than other subchannels, so thanks for the clarification, David.

I agree about wanting to make money, money pleases the average person more than playing a certain genre of music and notmaking any. I guess they don't listen to their HD stations very often, assuming most people at Urban One don't speak Spanish or Asian languages.

Think of leased HD channels sort of like the leasing of an office building. You might lease to a lawyer, a doctor and an accountant, but not know anything about the law, medicine or bookkeeping. About all you have to do is make sure the tenant is not making illegal use of the space.

A radio licensee is responsible for the content of an HD or SCA channel they lease to a third party. Usually they put in the agreement something about having the content monitored periodically by a third party for content, with the requirement that it meet all FCC rules and other laws and regulations.

At one time, I worked with a station being leased over several years from the Gene Autrey trust; they even had a person on premises who understood Spanish and listened to samples from the logger of everything we did. It was part of the licensee's responsibility of maintaining positive control over the license.

Last edited:

Think of leased HD channels sort of like the leasing of an office building. You might lease to a lawyer, a doctor and an accountant, but not know anything about the law, medicine or bookkeeping. About all you have to do is make sure the tenant is not making illegal use of the space.

A radio licensee is responsible for the content of a leased HD or SCA channel. Usually they put in the agreement something about having the content monitored periodically by a third party for content, with the requirement that it meet all FCC rules and other laws and regulations.

At one time, I worked with a station being leased over several years from the Gene Autrey trust; they even had a person on premises who understood Spanish and listened to samples from the logger of everything we did. It was part of the licensee's responsibility of maintaining positive control over the license.

I don't disagree with anything said. It's all about that C.R.E.A.M.,(Cash Rules Everything Around Me).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom