• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

New News Director for ABC7

Traveling between and having homes on both coasts, I get to watch local news for both the Seattle and DC markets.

Not sure if it was the ND's idea at WUSA, or the VP/GM to completely revamp the morning news to include a local stand up comic anchoring the 6AM morning newscasts. Nope, I'm not kidding. To be fair, the comic/anchor seems like a good guy, just caught up in a weird experiment that hasn't gone well. They even used to have folks from the offices sit in the studio and laugh on cue to simulate a live studio audience.

Paul you would understand this comparison: Think 'news out of the box' walk and talks with a stand up comic anchor:
https://www.radiodiscussions.com/showthread.php?707376-WUSA-has-launched-a-new-Show-called-Get-UP-DC

Last edited:
Just saw this...as I don’t usually follow the DC thread. But that is indeed odd are they still doing that?

Yeah WUSA is still using the morning comedian, but just limited to the 6-7AM hour prior to CBS this Morning. Since I posted my comments, they had a wholesale change-up of morning anchors from 4AM-6AM, but kept the same comedian for 6-7. My guess is for contractual reasons. The only thing not changed, is they kept the Traffic Reporter, (who I agree is pretty solid) from before.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom