• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WOR Repeats at 6PM?

The new show may be temporary as well.

To quote from the article it's, "...a mix of top news stories, politics, movies, television, Broadway, pop culture and consumer issues. Additionally, the hosts will offer their views on the stories of the day from both sides of the political aisle and will take calls from listeners."

Wow, something for everyone! If done right I suppose it could work but all too often this kind of thing pleases no one. It's the talk equivalent of "Top 40" and we know how popular that is these days.

This guy knows his stuff! :cool: I listened to the first half hour of the first show and that was enough. It's the typical male/female, conservative/liberal bla-bla-bla. After the second outburst of Lis Wiehl's hysterical laughter my wife said, "Oh no!" and we turned it off. Joe Concha seems like a nice guy but with a limited personality. I give the show 6 months. We'll see.

OK, I was wrong - it only took 4 months. Yesterday Lis Wiehl announced her resignation.

Lis, who is a lawyer, was not a very good pairing with Concha, who is more geared to media and politics. Concha is an excellent commentator on political bias in the media, however, I think a lot of people are burned out on both politics and the media.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom