Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: WOR Repeats at 6PM?

  1. #11
    Management doesn't care about cheesy these days. It's a chicken/egg situation. Are ratings down because of stuff like this or do we get stuff like this due to low ratings, hence revenue? I suspect poor management is the chicken.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by wadio View Post
    Management doesn't care about cheesy these days.
    What would you do? The other option (and they did this once before) is run a talk show from another market for a month.

    They're just looking to fill a low rated block for a month. If a tree falls in an empty forest, does it really matter?

    As I said, many stations around the country re-run their morning show in other dayparts. Perfectly acceptable.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    What would you do?
    What I would do doesn't matter. Ask instead, "What would Rick Sklar do?'

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by wadio View Post
    What I would do doesn't matter. Ask instead, "What would Rick Sklar do?'

    He would get rid of all the talk programming immediately. All of it. Just like he did with the Breakfast Club and Howard Cosell.

    But even he knew that AM was dead in the 80s. That's why he came up with the concept of SuperRadio.

    That was a nationally syndicated satellite-delivered 24/7 format.

  5. #15
    He should have come up with talk radio. That's what saved AM for a few more decades.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by wadio View Post
    He should have come up with talk radio. That's what saved AM for a few more decades.
    He was asked about it when WABC went talk, and he wasn't interested. For him, it was all about hit songs.

    He left WINS when it went all news, so he had a shot. He just wasn't interested.

  7. #17
    Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    38,871
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post

    That was a nationally syndicated satellite-delivered 24/7 format.
    ... which never launched.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    He was asked about it when WABC went talk, and he wasn't interested. For him, it was all about hit songs.

    He left WINS when it went all news, so he had a shot. He just wasn't interested.
    Rick Sklar was no longer PD by the time the music died at WABC. Having been promoted to VP of programming for ABC’s radio division some five years earlier, Mr. Sklar helped to create, among other things, ABC’s Talkradio network which launched in 1982.
    Plugged into the electric radio

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Mr. Sklar helped to create, among other things, ABC’s Talkradio network which launched in 1982.
    Strange that he didn't mention that at all in his autobiography. He was gone before any of the famous hosts came aboard.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Strange that he didn't mention that at all in his autobiography.
    Are you referring to Rocking America?
    Plugged into the electric radio

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123