Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WOR Repeats at 6PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Kemosabe View Post
    Are you referring to Rocking America?
    Yep, written in 1984. The year he left ABC.

My point about Sklar is that he was a perfectionist and we seldom see that these days.

Quote Originally Posted by wadio View Post
    My point about Sklar is that he was a perfectionist and we seldom see that these days.
    It depends. You see it at places that are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post

It depends. You see it at places that are successful.
    I don't think so. I think you see people who "compromise".

The new show may be temporary as well.

To quote from the article it's, "...a mix of top news stories, politics, movies, television, Broadway, pop culture and consumer issues. Additionally, the hosts will offer their views on the stories of the day from both sides of the political aisle and will take calls from listeners."

Wow, something for everyone! If done right I suppose it could work but all too often this kind of thing pleases no one. It's the talk equivalent of "Top 40" and we know how popular that is these days.
    This guy knows his stuff! I listened to the first half hour of the first show and that was enough. It's the typical male/female, conservative/liberal bla-bla-bla. After the second outburst of Lis Wiehl's hysterical laughter my wife said, "Oh no!" and we turned it off. Joe Concha seems like a nice guy but with a limited personality. I give the show 6 months. We'll see.

I give the show 6 months. We'll see.
    OK, I was wrong - it only took 4 months. Yesterday Lis Wiehl announced her resignation.

OK, I was wrong - it only took 4 months. Yesterday Lis Wiehl announced her resignation.
    Lis, who is a lawyer, was not a very good pairing with Concha, who is more geared to media and politics. Concha is an excellent commentator on political bias in the media, however, I think a lot of people are burned out on both politics and the media.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123