• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HD Subchannels are getting restored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed mid-morning that KJAQ and KZOK are back in HD, and their respective subchannels have returned. 96.5 HD2 is Alt 96.5. 96.5 HD3 is a simulcast of sports talk KFNQ 1090. 102.5 HD2 is modern rock.

I suspect 94.1 and 106.1 won't be far behind.

Wanna bet?

It was sarcasm, which never translates well on the internet. As a listener who has an HD radio and listens to a couple of HD2s in my area -- and is not nor has ever been an FM DXer -- I appreciate HD for what it is. Its rate of adoption and its smothering of the odd weak adjacent-channel signal don't concern me. The snark is wearisome.

Yes there is a new 8-bay ERI Axiom temporary master antenna on WTM in place of the one that burned up. This allows the affected stations to return transmitting from the site at half power, at least they get to use the main site where the HD transmitters are. At some point this temporary antenna will have to come down and the new master panel antenna up. So more work to be done in the future. The weather was on there side this winter.

The only reason everyone's been so relaxed about it is none of these HD-2/3 channels feed an analog translator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom