• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

No More 1220 WQUN-AM

Hi All.Does anybody have any updates on this.Now only one more month to stay on air. Any luck on saving WQUN with new buyers or they found some more cash and will let the station to live on alittle longer...

Hi All.Does anybody have any updates on this.Now only one more month to stay on air. Any luck on saving WQUN with new buyers or they found some more cash and will let the station to live on alittle longer...

one month? They go dark Friday May 31st (tomorrow) at 6pm

Not a word about an imminent shutdown by air staff today. Everyone's just carrying on as if it's business as usual. Twitter feed also business as usual. Wonder if anything special is in store for Friday or if the QU administration has told them all to stay mum to the end and just let the signal shut off at 6.

Not a word about an imminent shutdown by air staff today. Everyone's just carrying on as if it's business as usual. Twitter feed also business as usual. Wonder if anything special is in store for Friday or if the QU administration has told them all to stay mum to the end and just let the signal shut off at 6.

Its been all over facebook several times

The Shutdown has been openly talked about on the air over the last month. Most of staff has been in the studio today saying their goodbyes. Brian and Pam on the air now till 6pm

The Shutdown has been openly talked about on the air over the last month. Most of staff has been in the studio today saying their goodbyes. Brian and Pam on the air now till 6pm

Sad day indeed in local radio....Listen to the last 2 hours of the broadcast live as I airchecked about the last 11 hours of their broadcast on the air.The last 6 hours in AM stereo...... I will miss Brian and Mike show.They were a good team together....

interesting later on last night as I went to see what other stations were coming in on 1220.Did not catch the calls but there was an oldies station mixing with a religious station. station on 1210 was coming in better but did not catch the call letters.

RIP WQUN..........................

FYBUSH MEDIA was trying to find a buyer for the station. I guess he wasn't able to find one.
https://stationsale.com/wqun-hamden-ct/

Too bad they did not get any bites.As noted 1Kw .I thought the station was 5Kw since they had good coverage.Mountain height helped..

Probably somebody will buy it up and put the studio back in the house back up on the hill like it was originally was years ago.
Looks like the house itself was will maintained in fybush's photo.I visited the station 40 plus years ago with my father when it was WCDQ .We met Jerry Kristafer and Ken DeVoe while we were there...

Who ever buys it .I hope they still use the AM stereo generator...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom