• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

iHeart Is Throwing Away Throwback

I just heard a liner asking listeners to make 95.7 The Beat a preset because “something [insert adjective that escapes me at the moment] is coming to this frequency on Monday.”

Please... No Breeze... Dove will eat you alive...

94.5 has now switched (temporarily, no doubt) to a simulcast of 95.7 The Beat. Had a liner stating "If you are hearing The Beat on 94.5 or 99.1, please change your preset to 95.7 The Beat." No mention of 105.9.

I never realized that I can hear 94.5 at SRQ airport,
stronger than any other bay area translator,
so I will give it a preset in front of 98.3,
at least until Monday.

Had a chance to check, 94.5 and 99.1 are currently simulcasting The Beat, 105.9 is still Throwbacks (as of Friday night 1/11).

Surprised it isn't getting stepped on by WARO.
I do get some QRM and this is the first time I have heard it because I have only listened for simulcasts of AM talkies,
but If two stations come in, I can usually adjust the position of my vehicle a few feet.
I do think that they are a bit stronger and clearer than 98.3.

94.5 has now switched (temporarily, no doubt) to a simulcast of 95.7 The Beat. Had a liner stating "If you are hearing The Beat on 94.5 or 99.1, please change your preset to 95.7 The Beat." No mention of 105.9.

AMTB announced this morning they are now on 99.1, 94.5, and 105.9.

I'm glad they put it back on 105.9. That signal went from St. Pete to Plant City, the last time 970 was on it.

There was no mention of 96.7 or 102.9 and they resist promoting their 97.9-2, even though that signal gets into Pasco and Hernando Counties nicely.

These are not "new" signals, they are recycled translators already in operation.

If "Throwback" is gone, it may be because it was taking away from The Beat, which from the tower on Gandy, has such a crappy signal in the first place.

Not that I care... We S.O.B.s (South Of the Bay) are ignored by iHeart Tampa.

Jeff in Sa-ra-so-ta!

It's all one big 970 WFLA simulcast now on the translators. Throwback 100.7 HD-2 IDs still run on the active stream, which still has a site up for time being and running what sounds like the existing format.

Byron

Last edited:
We drove from TPA airport across The Bay on I-275.
Heard Rush Limbaugh on FIVE frequencies with various amounts of delay.
We suspect that NOT all were WFLA translators.
Of course 105.9 was strong at the airport
and 94.5 dipped into Mannattee county
but we also heard 96.7, 99.9, and 102.9
Not a trace of 99.1 except for an overpowered LPFM.

We drove from TPA airport across The Bay on I-275.
Heard Rush Limbaugh on FIVE frequencies with various amounts of delay.
We suspect that NOT all were WFLA translators.
Of course 105.9 was strong at the airport
and 94.5 dipped into Mannattee county
but we also heard 96.7, 99.9, and 102.9
Not a trace of 99.1 except for an overpowered LPFM.

WXJB 99.9 out of Homosassa; everything else you heard was a WFLA translator. If not for St Pete's LPFM blaster, you'd probably have heard six frequencies of the same broadcast.

Meanwhile, is 106.5 WRUB (Rumba) even doing well in the Sarasota market? The public numbers aren't showing it. Is it billing? Why doesn't iHeart do something different with that C2 signal?

Byron

WXJB 99.9 out of Homosassa; everything else you heard was a WFLA translator. If not for St Pete's LPFM blaster, you'd probably have heard six frequencies of the same broadcast.
Byron
Thanks

Meanwhile, is 106.5 WRUB (Rumba) even doing well in the Sarasota market? The public numbers aren't showing it. Is it billing? Why doesn't iHeart do something different with that C2 signal?

Byron

You Would think that a breeze format would do better in that market. Of course, I do not know how well they they currently bill.

You Would think that a breeze format would do better in that market. Of course, I do not know how well they they currently bill.

If you are referring to Tampa, one of the original "Breeze" originators is already there... WDUV. It's #1 12+, #1 25-54, #1 25-49, #1 18-49 and even #1 in 18-34, 12-17 and 12-24.

If you mean the Sarasota market, iHeart owns the only 4 viable FMs in the market, they are the four top billers. Not likely they would change, although they have no AC type station in the market... just classic rock, classic hits and country.

If you are referring to Tampa, one of the original "Breeze" originators is already there... WDUV. It's #1 12+, #1 25-54, #1 25-49, #1 18-49 and even #1 in 18-34, 12-17 and 12-24.

Are you serious about WDUV being #1 in the young demos?
WDUV being #1 12-17 & 12-24 just isn't believable. Even #1 18-34 is a wild stretch.

If you are referring to Tampa, one of the original "Breeze" originators is already there... WDUV. It's #1 12+, #1 25-54, #1 25-49, #1 18-49 and even #1 in 18-34, 12-17 and 12-24. **

**#1 in younger listeners whose radio tuning dial is broken and stuck on 105.5.

Are you serious about WDUV being #1 in the young demos?
WDUV being #1 12-17 & 12-24 just isn't believable. Even #1 18-34 is a wild stretch.

The older demos are so massive that what we have in the younger demos is partly exposure in stores, restaurants and the like and partly listening in the household such as in the car with the person who selected the station.

The PPM does not distinguish between intentional listening and exposure to someone else's listening. The purpose of ratings is to provide a metric to advertisers.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom